Sign in to follow this  

Lowest $$$ 520 EXC

There are several dealers in the midwest advertising '02 520 EXC's for retail $7,349. Check cycletrader.com. You will not find one for under retail. There is a local dealer here in KC that has a leftover '01 520 MXC that I'm sure they would deal on. Let me know if you want more info.

I think you can find them under retail if you look hard enough. I know a guy that just picked up an 02 400EXC for $6400 before tax. I rode with him last weekend and he showed me the reciept. I'd call around to the dealers listed on KTM USA's website.

------------------

John Brunsgaard

jejb@att.net

01 400 EXC, 99 250 EXC (gone), 99 200 EXC, 98 125 EXC, 98 380 MXC (long gone)

If you're willing to drive or have the bike shiped to you than can find them under retail. I know because I paid about $800 less than the going "market" price in my area. (MSRP+$100)

Hell, truth be told only thing I was going to get on locally was on a waiting list. No tax was included since I was an out of state buyer. After setup fees, and taxes and misc charges I saved about $1400.00 in the end. It cost me about $100 in hotels and gas for a TX to LA (bayou/crawdads/swamps) roundtrip. $1500-$100=$1400

Saying all of that you must be prepared to work on your own bike and shoulder that responsibility. I'm not exactly getting a warm and fuzzy from my local dealer.

Later,

Concho

============================================

Concho123@Home.com

[This message has been edited by Concho (edited September 05, 2001).]

You can always order the bike from out of the country. Australia would be the best exchange rate go with right now. I have no idea what the shipping from Australia would be. Probably not worth it. Canada isnt bad place to order one from either. Keep in mind that if you order a bike from outside the US, I have heard that KTM USA will not warranty them. I cant believe manufacturers warranty dirt bikes at all, so Im not worried about that aspect.

------------------

1995 EXC 400

AMA Dist 37

02 520 EXC (soon)

Samre,

your best bet might be to order one from out of state, considering there aren 't any ktm dealer's near Hesperia to do warranty work.

Happy trails,

Jordan

YZ guy here, ive been shopping around for the best 2002 520exc prices, i just got a quote from Canada, $6322 american plus shipping, and dont forget if you buy from Canada no sales tax and its green stickerable in Cal, oh yeah he quoted me $5690 for a 400sx, tempting isnt it, Beach

Out of state can work good as you only pay shipping and no sales tax. You can also shop around for shipping. I found a company on the Net that beat everyone else by at least 30% and they did a good job. Don't forget that out of country involves clearing customs and paperwork! Call around and try and haggle.

The cycleshed in Indiana has an 02 520 exe in stock for $6,898 including destination and set up. I got my 01mxc from them and it cost me $230 to ship it to Houston. I saved $1050 from buying local (which at the time was not an option) No sales tax and B.S. fee everyone else had. They had gone over it and everything was tight. Of course I doublechecked. Anyway I had a good experience with them and recommend them. I think their web page is thecyleshed.com.

Good luck

Hey Guys~

I am in the market for a new KTM RFS. I noticed that if I buy one out of state, then I don't pay sales tax at the time of sale. So I assume I would have to pay it when I register at DMV - is that right? I ride mostly on private property, so I am thinking about - ahem - waiting on the registration a bit. Another question, if the new EXC's are green stickered, why not also the MXC's?

Originally posted by cbrxr:

Hey Guys~

I am in the market for a new KTM RFS. I noticed that if I buy one out of state, then I don't pay sales tax at the time of sale. So I assume I would have to pay it when I register at DMV - is that right?

Depends on the state, I understand. In MN, you'd have to pay the tax when you register it. However, some license places don't know to check so I know guys who have gotten away with out paying any tax.

Another question, if the new EXC's are green stickered, why not also the MXC's?

Good question. I assumed they would be but I don't pay much attention to the issue since I don't ride in CA.

------------------

John Brunsgaard

jejb@att.net

01 400 EXC, 99 250 EXC (gone), 99 200 EXC, 98 125 EXC, 98 380 MXC (long gone)

YZ guy here again, its my understanding that in sunny Calif if you buy a vehicle out of state and you dont bring it into the state for 90 days you dont have to pay sales tax when you register it, just wait 90 days and who's to say when you brought it into the state

BchBumCal, can you confirm the 90 day waiting period to prevent paying sales tax? I am very interested to see if this is for sure or just something that you have heard.

Here's a link that says something about paying taxes if the vehicle is brought into CA within 90 days of purchase. I don't know if it also applies to motorcycles. http://www.dmv.ca.gov/faq/osregfaq.htm#BM2561

Look at the bottom of the "How do I transfer my registration from another state or country to California?" section.

Pete

no, sorry i dont know how to confirm the 90 day thing, i just heard it in an aircraft newsgroup, those guys know because on aircraft when your paying 100K for a plane the tax can be a big deal, call the DMV, although there so screwed up, theyld probably give you the wrong answere anyway

Yes, please BeachBum, confirm if you can. I have heard that as well, but I can't seem to confirm it anywhere. I looked through the vehicle code but it's not very specific about fees and taxes. I will definitely do it this way if I can.