Sign in to follow this  

F-Pilot ?

F

I was looking at your pictures and noticed you have been to Cloudcroft. I also see your from Glendale. I am riding an endurio in cloudcroft this weekend and was wondering if you could tell me about the terrain?

I have heard from some Texas guys that there are rocks, but as they come from Texas I'm not sure they know what rocks are. (that was not a dig on Texas, just that the last two enduros I went to were around Lubbock, and rock free). What was your take on Cloudcroft vs our desert full of rocks?

Thanks

------------------

Pretend it's flat and give it the gas.

Sorry I missed your post, I usually read this forum but forgot to check it.

How did you like the enduro?

How did you do?

I have a couple friends that ride the RMEC series, they said it was real dusty. It's not nearly as rocky as the terrain around here as you know by now.

------------------

'00 YZ426F

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!

http://communities.msn.com/FPilotsPhotos

Just pipin in for the Texas guys. The Lubbock enduro isn't very rocky compared to Cloudcroft. You need to try the enduro in Bronte, TX (just South of Sweetwater). If you make it through "Rambo Land", you will pray you never see another rock as long as you live! Sure would like to try some riding in AZ too! :)

Well, I did not do so good. Those guys were not from Texas, they were from Colorado. I spoke with the race director after my race was done (mile 14). He said "sure we know what rocks are, they don't call them the Rocky Mountains for nothing". It was a really neat trail. All the nasty stuff was downhill, and apparentlly easy by their standards(it kicked my butt trying to stay above the bike). They did not have any mean uphills as the forcast was for rain. I gotta say this about enduro riders, they are the nicest guys I have ever raced with.

At mile 14 a rider was down and hurt pretty bad. I decided to go for help, as he could not walk or ride out. I quit the race, and rode into the pits to find someone with a quad to get him out. By the time we got him out I had houred out, and the sweeps had already been past. I sure hope he was okay.

Next year I'll be better prepared for the rocks, and WILL finish.

------------------

Pretend it's flat and give it the gas.