Fan kit

My bud got a price of 140.00 for the fan kit for his 01 520EXC from the local dealer.Is this a good price?Anywhere cheaper he can order it from?Thanks guys you've been a great source of remote info for him.

Cycle zone quoted me just over 95 bucks a few weeks ago.

------------------

Pretend it's flat and give it the gas.

I paid $140. Was glad to find it. One dealer did quote me $95, but didn't have it. I told him about the $140 price, and he thought the thermostatic switch may be priced separately, for $35. Whether $95 or $140, it's worth the money, and you do need the thermostatic switch.

------------------

'01 KTM 520 EXC

'95 Suzuki DR350 Dirt

'01 Silverado 2500HD 4x4 Duramax/ZF-6spd

I ordered mine from Tracy's parts warehouse(WWW.partswarehouse.com), $110.00 plus shipping. Good news is it included everything needed including the thermostatic switch, bad news is it took about three weeks to get it.

------------------

Joe Bohazi

If In Doubt "Gas It"

'01 520 EXC

'99 640 LC4

'96 KX 250 Gone

'92 RM 125 Gone

'00 ZX-12R

'01 ZRX1200R

The fan kit is a complete kit.

$95.00 & in stock; all orders (48 states) over 50.00 ship for free!

------------------

Mike Kruger

Cycle Zone KTM

Topeka, KS

866-843-7433 toll free

Mike,

Stupid question, but would that fan kit work on an SX model as well?

Thanks.

I paid $98.00 for mine.

Thanks boys!

Jon,

It's advertised as working on both the SX & EXC. I haven't put one on an SX yet though.

------------------

Mike Kruger

Cycle Zone KTM

Topeka, KS

866-843-7433 toll free

I just gat mine from Connected Cycles in Lawrenceville GA, for $80! I am putting it on tomorrow, with one mod-I am wiring an inline on/off switch into the wiring harness, because I understand the fan can run even with the motor not running, so to avoid draining my battery, the switch will allow me to ensure the fan turns off when the 520 quits thumpin

------------------

2001 520EXC KTM

1974 Suzuki TM125

1977 Yamaha DT100

1984 Yamaha DT100

1977 Trail Horse minibike

1986 Honda XR350

Adding the switch is not necessary. The fan will continue to run after shutting off the bike, but only till the water cools and the thermoswitch shuts it off, less than 5 minutes, and not enough to drain the battery. I have had it do this several times, and the e-starter still starts it just as quick as any other time.

Originally posted by allinv:

Adding the switch is not necessary. The fan will continue to run after shutting off the bike, but only till the water cools and the thermoswitch shuts it off, less than 5 minutes, and not enough to drain the battery. I have had it do this several times, and the e-starter still starts it just as quick as any other time.

Agreed! - just spent a week of hard riding and had the fan run many times after shutting

it down. It would usually run 1-2 minutes

and never caused the battery to die.

------------------

TBob

"01" KTM 520 EXC

Mesa, AZ