520 MXC tank wanted

Tom,

If you don't have any luck with finding a MXC tank try the new Clarke tank for the 400 and 520 RFS models:

http://www.clarkemfg.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CM&Product_Code=1433

It's 3.1 gallons and is translucent just like the stock EXC tank which makes determining the fuel level very easy. The stock MXC tank is 3.2 gallons. IMS also has a 3.0 gallon tank for the 400 and 520 available. Both are significantly cheaper than the stock MXC tank.

Good Luck,

Jeff

------------------

No Brain, No Pain!

01' KTM 400EXC

01' Yamaha TTR-125L

01' Yamaha TTR-90

00' Honda XR50R

Originally posted by dp400:

The MXC tank is not 3.2 it is 3.7 and on my 400 MXC I can go over 100 miles on a tank. Its a great tank if you do a viriety of riding like desert to sigle track. Good Luck

dp400,

Didn't mean to mis-quote the capacity on the MXC tanks as I've not confirmed the 3.2 gallon capacity myself. I've heard from 3 different people who own MXC's that the MXC's claimed 3.7 gallon capacity is a little "over-stated" and that the actual capacity is about 3.2 gallons. I don't know if that includes reserve, but I think it does.

That said, perhaps you could confirm the actual capacity for those guys, and myself, who want the range of the larger tank on their EXC's?

My 3.1 gallon Clarke puts the range right at 100 miles, including reserve. Got to test it this last Saturday.

Jeff

------------------

No Brain, No Pain!

01' KTM 400EXC

01' Yamaha TTR-125L

01' Yamaha TTR-90

00' Honda XR50R

I just read through the 2002 brochures, and there appears to be some conflicting info.

On the spec sheet the MX/C is listed at 3.5 gallons and the EX/C is listed at 2.3 gall

In the text literature next to the bike photos the MX/C claims 3.7 gallons and the EX/C claims 2.4.

I wonder what the real deal is?