Shop Manual for KTM 400 EXC

Picked up my 2002 KTM 400 E/XC and the user manual is good but basic. Does KTM sell a true shop manual like I recieved with my YZ400F. Any suggestion on where to purchase at lowest cost is appreciated.

About the only place to get one is your dealer. They run appo. $45.I borrowed one from my dealer and took it to the local copy store and paid $8.50 to copy it.Then I brought back a 12 pack for the guys in the shop.

------------------

TWIST&SHOUT

There must be no copyright laws in Austria! :) You won't find the KTM manual anywhere near as complete as the YZ manual. Have any of you all received the annual (at least) updates to your existing manuals? Just wondering if KTM is making an effort to add detail to the service manuals.

I just baught a repair manual from Holeshot for around $ 45.00. I mainly baught the manual for the correct way to adjust my vaulves on my 400. I am not happy at all! The manual doesn't tell sh#* about adjusting my vaulves!It has 17 words on vaulve adjustment.Oh my god this sucks!!!! Anyone have a manual that has detaied info on vaulves? If so where did you get it? THANKS

The KTM manual is not very thorough. The best info on adjusting valves is contained in the Holeshot Forum.

Originally posted by dp400:

I just baught a repair manual from Holeshot for around $ 45.00. I mainly baught the manual for the correct way to adjust my vaulves on my 400. I am not happy at all! The manual doesn't tell sh#* about adjusting my vaulves!It has 17 words on vaulve adjustment.Oh my god this sucks!!!! Anyone have a manual that has detaied info on vaulves? If so where did you get it? THANKS

Adjusting valves on four strokes is not that difficult you just have to make sure you have the tolerances(in your manual) for the exhaust & intake valves and a good feeler gauge. Intake compression power and exhaust are the four stokes make sure your on the right stroke for the right valves. The XR 250 & XR 400 shop manuals have an excellent procedure. Remember shop manuals are for train mechanics and used as reference ... not a cookbook.