Just got 06' CRF 450R

Well after 7 years off the motocross bike, I went out and bought a 450r. Time to get back on the track. Very impressed!! They have come along way in 7years. This bike corners extremely well, holds tight inside lines with ease, The engine well you all know tears ass :D This bike is more nimble then my 125 was, right out of the box this thing is race ready, suspension even feels good, Forks seam a little soft.

Anything info that I should no, problems, jetting, aftermarket parts that are a must.

Thanks in advance, Jay

Umm... break it in hard (http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm), change oil after first ride and every 2nd or 3rd after that. Keep air filter clean - ALWAYS. Change fork oil, inners and outers, after first 3-5 hours of riding. Put on skid plate... I'll probably think of a couple others in a few. Bottom line, maintain it well, add gas and go! :D

It's healthy to drop the bike at least once early on, as superstition has it - then you won't drop it quite as hard later on. Same as helmets, right? Drop 'em when new while your head's not in it...

Glad to hear you've gone through a tire already. If you do a search, you find a million suggestions for better/longer lasting rear tires, depending on terrain. Michelin S-12 for soft, Maxxis IT for Hard, and maybe even a Dunlop 952 for intermediate. Your choice.

Not many people have an '06 yet so jetting problems and stuff like that are uncertain as of right now. For MX use, get your suspension revalved before anything else, then get a longer lasting Renthal or Tag Metals sprocket with a high-quality non O-Ring chain. Exhaust, cams, race gas, there are tons of opportunities to make your bike badder than the rest. All depends on what your looking for.

Thanks for the advice with tires bri647, I'll check into those tires, The jetting seam real good from the factory, I know they put a differant needle in the 06' similiar to want alot did in 05' supsension I will get done over the winter, I'll try to get it straight as possible for the last 10 races,

Well, I thought that it was good to lay it down once light,LOL I bit it hard tonight, I was pushing a buddy of mine, and as every lap I went for the tripple maybe 75ft and he went for double, all seamed fine until he over shot the double getting slowed down and BAM :D , I wacked him from behind, nice black and blue baseball on my ankle from the bike. My buddy never went down go figuer. Getting real comfortable with bike, alot differant in cornering aside my 2 stroke, although I think my corner are alot faster.

we will see went I get to the races, if I ever can walk again :D