Sign in to follow this  

Suspension advice?

I have a 01 520 EXC and was wondering if anyone around my size has redone the suspension and what kind of results they have had. My bike is totally stock and is now broke in. I am really good at doing bike set up (National MX) and was just wondering if any one could point me in a good direction. I know it needs a bunch, just wanted to see if any one is allready where I need to go.

5'11", 250lbs... Ya I know...lose some weight, but hey, what are ya goanna do?

I don't understand your reference to the "National MX". Please explain. What kind of riding will you be doing with the bike?

I'd suggest giving Mike Krueger a call at Cycle Zone KTM for suspension recommendations. He was dead on with my 01 400EXC. I was all ready to have him revalve it but he suggested stronger springs for both ends which I ordered from him. I'd still send the suspension in to Mike for a revalve if I could find anything I didn't like about it. :)

------------------

John Brunsgaard

jejb@att.net

01 400 EXC, 99 250 EXC (gone), 99 200 EXC, 98 125 EXC, 98 380 MXC (long gone)

Thanks Jeb for the info. Sorry about not being clear about the Nat MX comment. What I meant to say was that I have tuned bikes and done set up for National MX Pro racers...Was supposed to be used as a reference that I do know what I am doing as far as bike set up goes. I reread my post and I was pretty vague. My bad. Was just wondering if anyone my size had any good set up tips for the 520 EXC....mostly woods riding...

[This message has been edited by helmetcam guy (edited September 25, 2001).]

Cool! I was wondering if that's what it meant. Any good stories to share?

Again, I'd call Mike. I'm 205 in street clothes and went to .46 springs in front and a PDS3 in back. Works great for me in the woods here in the midwest but I'm sure you'd need to go with heavier springs.

Mike can be reached toll free at 866-843-7433.

------------------

John Brunsgaard

jejb@att.net

Stock is PDS2 in back and .42's up front.

------------------

John Brunsgaard

jejb@att.net

Thanks again Jeb. Ya I got stories! Can't tell any of them here tho! I also work in the music industry.....Got stories there as well.....Man, all of the ships I could sink! LOL

[This message has been edited by helmetcam guy (edited September 28, 2001).]