Hiflo Filtro oil filters

I just came from my KTM dealer where I bought replacement oil filters for my 2001 520 exc. I bought an after market fiter made by hiflo filtro of England. Clones of the KTM filters but $6.00 each! Anybody heard of or used these filters? If so how do they appear to compare to the KTM one's?

------------------

For me a double means getting both wheels off the ground.

'01 520EXC

'99 YZ400F

'87 LT500 Quadzilla (lots of chrome dune pimp)

'73 Yamaha 250 enduro

'92 Fantic 270

I've been using those filters since I got my 520 back in May. Probably ~8 sets. No problems yet!

Originally posted by Flying W Billy:

I just came from my KTM dealer where I bought replacement oil filters for my 2001 520 exc. I bought an after market fiter made by hiflo filtro of England. Clones of the KTM filters but $6.00 each! Anybody heard of or used these filters? If so how do they appear to compare to the KTM one's?

been using them a while now but I think you dealer is overcharging you - I'll look again but I think my dealer only charges me 4.50 per

------------------

TBob

"01" KTM 520 EXC

Mesa, AZ

Originally posted by TBob:

been using them a while now but I think you dealer is overcharging you - I'll look again but I think my dealer only charges me 4.50 per

Ditto.

------------------

John Brunsgaard

jejb@att.net

01 400 EXC, 99 250 EXC (gone), 99 200 EXC, 98 125 EXC, 98 380 MXC (long gone)

Tbob and Jeb are right you're dealer is making about 65% profit on each filter. I'd find another source!

------------------

John

'01 400 EXc

'01 65 SX

'01 50 Pro Sr

I use them. have not had a problem and you are overpaying for them. I purchase them from a KTM dealer in Kansas, "Mikes Cycle zone" (I think that is the name) and a lot less money. I will try to find the exact name and let you know.

MIke

His name is Mike Kruger, his tel # is (785) 234-6174 and email http://www.mkruger@cyclezonektm.com

------------------

John

'01 400 EXc

'01 65 SX

'01 50 Pro Sr

Actually, I messed up the email, it should read just mkruger@cyclezonektm.com

------------------

John

'01 400 EXc

'01 65 SX

'01 50 Pro Sr

Thanks for all the replies guys.