Sign in to follow this  

Broken collar bone, need advice on 520 EXE upgrades

I was at the dunes and broke my collar bone in 4 places on my 3rd time riding my 520.

I figured "what better time than now to send off my suspension and get it done", and do some other mods.

anyone have any suggestions for what I need to put on my 02 520EXE? "besides a throttle stop when I go to the dunes" :)

02 520EXE, MSR skid plate, Scotts damper with no mount yet "cant decide if I want the new tripple clamps with the offset or not

Must be a computer nerd. EXE is an executable program. Your bike is an EXC. :)

Sorry to hear about the shoulder. Hope it heals soon and well.

The amount of things to do to your bike is governed(sp?) by your wallet more than anything! I'd highly recommend the Sommer KTM (germay) carbon head pipe guard/heat shield and the B&B Alum (Australia) pipe/silencer junction heat shield. Let me know if you want more information about how to contact them.

Also, get the WER rear wheel spacers. They will save you money in the long run. Have you gone through and greased all the bearings yet? Might be a great time to do that when your shoulder heals a bit. Rotor guards are always nice as are bark busters.

------------------

John Brunsgaard

jejb@att.net

01 400 EXC, 99 250 EXC (gone), 99 200 EXC, 98 125 EXC, 98 380 MXC (long gone)

check out www.elineaccessories.com

for thier carbon fiber skid plate.

It is cheaper than ktm and it looks pretty cool.

also check out www.enduroengineering.com

for the latest and gratest from wheel spacers to sissy clutch levers.

what more do you need?

hope the shoulder heals well......I am in surgery oct 3 for a new acl in the right knee and I will be on this computer for a while so let me know if there is anything you need!

[This message has been edited by captain ktm (edited September 28, 2001).]

Originally posted by TBob:

http://www.holeshotforum.com/ubb/Forum8/HTML/000296.html

The Fan - best upgrade you could spend your money on!

Great advice for those of you in hot climates. I've never overheated my bike here in the upper midwest to the point that the radiator cap has let any fluid by so, for me, the fan is not on my list of must haves or even want to haves.

------------------

John Brunsgaard

jejb@att.net

01 400 EXC, 99 250 EXC (gone), 99 200 EXC, 98 125 EXC, 98 380 MXC (long gone)