Sign in to follow this  

If you haven't tried the OCEMN -

you don't know what your missing!!

:) This needle rocks! :D - made my 520 come alive!

- See my post below, not so happy with it now frown.gif

------------------

TBob

"01" KTM 520 EXC

Mesa, AZ

[This message has been edited by TBob (edited October 10, 2001).]

Tbob,

What is an "OCEMN" ?

is that a brand of jet or something?

thanks

O.K. guys - the OCEMN is a needle you can get from sudco - or have your local dealer order it for you.

On a 520 here are the specs

OCEMN - #3 pos

160 - Main

1-1/4 turn out on the fuel screw

This set-up is for 1500ft dry and 70-100 degs

The bottom and mid total rock with this set-up. James Dean from the holeshot forum was the master mind behind this jetting set-up.

The top end still is a bit flat, I'm going to experiment with some mains when I get time but if you try it you won't believe it's the same bike. Go to this forum http://www.holeshotforum.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Jettingν mber=6 for more info - just do a search on OCEMN

------------------

TBob

"01" KTM 520 EXC

Mesa, AZ

[This message has been edited by TBob (edited October 02, 2001).]

Jon-D do the search in the link I provided you'll find plenty of info for using that needle in the 400. From what i remember the 400 guys are running a bigger main.

------------------

TBob

"01" KTM 520 EXC

Mesa, AZ

Can you use this needle on a 400? and if so, will the effect be just as dramatic?

TBOB

What's the scoop? You don't seem to bee as happy with this needle over on the holeshot board?

------------------

YZ A

'91 Z50R

'96 YZ 125

'99 YZ 250

'01 YZ250F

Nope I'm not happy with it hear either frown.gif

Same story just didn't post it hear, don't like the way it runs on the trail there is a definaite lack in low and top with a 2stroke

hit in the middle. Not exactly what I bought a 4 stroke for. When I first tested it it was just at a place that has a long dirt rode that I take my bikes to jet - felt awesome just going straight and feelin the mid range pull, different story out on the trail.

------------------

TBob

"01" KTM 520 EXC

Mesa, AZ

Tbob, You still don't have it jetted right. I have it in a 400 and it works great. I still have some fine tuning to do, but there's no way I'm going back to the stock setup..

I'm running the OCEMN in the middle position with a 162 main and a 52 pilot jet, 1 1/8 turn out. With this setup, test at 1/8 and 1/16 increments on the pilot screw after you get it close. It makes a noticable difference on the bottom end response.