what to buy

I just went from a WR 400 to the KTM 400. If you want more power - get the 520.

having just sold my wr4oo.....

fancy a change.....

leccy start a must .......

any advise....would be looking for something

with a bit more zap than wr400

I rode an XR600R for about seven years. Nice bike. I also decide something new was in order, was ready for a change, and went with an MXC 520. I can't describe to you the performance of this machine. The motor is amazing. Super smooth power, revs effortlessly, wheelies on command, and having ridden YZF's on occasions I don't need to convince of the merits of the button. Suspension very nice for off road activites. Can handle anything I throw at it in the Dez, and occasional GP track. Turns great compared to my XR, but, not quite as good as a YZF. Still, over all I'm very pleased with my decision. Best of all it's a little different. Where I ride its not uncommon to see a group of YZ's and WR's together. But, KTM's are a little more unique. NICE...

Had a 98' YZ400. You'll love the 520 MXC, everything the 400 was and MORE...more power, more gears, way more easier to start ;-) The button is wonderful, but these are easy to start even kicking....but the only time I kick mine is to show some Yamathumper guy how easy it is! smile.gif

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'01 520 MXC

'01 200 MXC

'00 CR250R

'01 KX85

hey the honda 450f is hitting dealers as we speak, all the power, easy starting and best looking bike hands down for about $1000 less.

I raced with one at Glen Helen a week ago. I'm sure the Magazines with hale it "Bike of the YEAR" but it's no match power wise for the 520....or 426 from what I saw. I'm sure it's a fine bike, but they are going to have some first year troubles... Shifting under power and airbox sealing have already turned up as area's to be "addressed".

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'01 520 MXC

'01 200 MXC

'00 CR250R

'01 KX85