Sprockets Xr50

I have a '05 Xr 50... Next year i will be living close to college and am going to be going to and from college on the 50 (dont worry it is only a couple blocks)... :D

I got some street slicks and i am just wondering which SPROCKETS (+chain) i should get to maximize my speed (i shouldn't be needing hardly any power)... How many teeth should the front / back sprockets have for extra speed?

~thanx :D

So will MORE teeth deliver more speed, less power?... or will less teeth. ?

or is it different in the front/back sprocket?

if the more teeth=more speed, i was looking at these bad boys:

39 teeth

More teeth front = more speed

More teeth rear = more torque

As far as that eBay seller your looking at.... If you choose to buy from them, Be careful!!! I, personally, had a BAD experience with them and will not shop there again. Opinions may vary... The choice is yours.

I have a '05 Xr 50... Next year i will be living close to college and am going to be going to and from college on the 50 (dont worry it is only a couple blocks)... :D

I got some street slicks and i am just wondering which SPROCKETS (+chain) i should get to maximize my speed (i shouldn't be needing hardly any power)... How many teeth should the front / back sprockets have for extra speed?

~thanx :D

If your bike is stock, be careful not to go too tall on your gearing. The easiest/cheapest thing to do is to try a larger countershaft sprocket. They are about $10 ea, so get +1 and +2 teeth and try it out. The number of teeth on the rear sprocket can then be used to fine-tune the gearing in smaller amounts if necessary.

When you have a modified engine that has more top end power (and torque) you can gear up more. A stock engine may not be able to pull it (tall gearing) and will end up being slower in acceleration and never be able to go as fast because it runs out of power.

Overcoming wind resistance gets to be the problem when looking for higher speeds, especially with a 50. At the same speed (and wind resistance) the taller-geared engine is spinning slower - producing less power. It may not have the power to overcome the wind resistance and keep accelerating.

You need to balance your available peak power and wind resistance to get the best top speed.