Maryland CRF450 conversion.....

Paging all players.............I am new to the site but found some interesting gouge. Does anyone know the deal with plating a CRF in Maryland. I want to do it right now and will spare no cost or effort..........just need to know what I am getting into. I see much talk about specific VINS to be able to get a title, etc... What do I need to look for in getting a new or used bike to be able to legally plate it in MD? Thanks.....

Eric

If you can get it past inspection and can get a title you should be OK. My experience has been that the people at MVA just rubber stamp all the forms. So if you can get all of the forms filled out you are OK. You will need a title or a manufacturers certificate of origin with notarized bill of sale to get a title, proof of insurance, an odometer statement and a Maryland inspection certificate.

Inspection is going to require two mirrors, turn signals, brake light, high beam, DOT tires, etc. Most dealers are going to give you a fit getting past inspection. If you are anywhere near Annapolis you might try the place on Lincoln Drive called Annapolis Powersports or something like that. The guy there was pretty good about getting my battered old XL through with a bare minimum of street equipment and DOT knobbies.

That's great......thanks for the info. I guess my question is, I should get the title sent to me after I buy the bike right.........then take that, with my bike and the inspection sheet after all my MODs are done to the bike to this guy and see if he will sign off my paperwork. Once that is done, I should be able to go straight into the DMV and swindle my way through the process for registration papers and plates......

• 2 years later...