Tall Seat

I got a chance to look at the tall seat for the SX and though it was great....All black gripper cover with KTM silk screened on in white.... for $89 complete it's a steal. Mine's on order, I'll "review" it when it gets here smile.gif

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'01 520 MXC

'01 200 MXC

'00 CR250R

'01 KX85

Got the seat on and it rocks! Just as hard as the stocker, but I try not to sit down much! wink.gif

I've had the KTM hard parts catalog Tall Seat for about month and I love it.

Now I just need to get an EX/C tank so that I can use my MX/C for motocross. The stock MX/C tank is just so wide at the very front, and it doesn't help that my legs are so long.

I rode mine with the stock MXC tank at Glen Helen last week for a two day national MX....sold my CR a couple of days before and it was ride it or stay home wink.gif

I bruised BOTH my knees on the tank trying to get forward....bike still pushed in the corners...even with the forks slid up a bit!

I saw a guy there with one of the IMS tanks, tall seat and T-4 pipe...that was the HOT SET UP! IMS has been hit or miss in my book...This tank is a HIT...It looked great...fit great and let you slide forward! Holds enough fuel for most rides so I don't think I need to swap back and forth like I would with the EXC or SX tank.

------------------

Chris in the Mojave

'01 520 MXC

'01 200 MXC

'02 YZ250P

'01 KX85

Have any of you guys tried the replacement tall seat as offered by KTM. If so, what do ya think.

Jason

Chris,

Is the IMS tank as narrow as the EX/C 2.4 gallon tank?

I looked in their catalog and I think it says it is a 3.4; however, if it is as narrow as the stock EX/C tank then I think I want to get it.

I'd like to go out to Glen Helen as soon as possible, but I don't think I can handle it with that MX/C tank. I went to the Elsinore MX track last week and I had a tough time.

Also, thanks for the tip on KTM of Mojave for the oil filter. I ordered 10 and just had them delivered yesterday.

[This message has been edited by Tallman (edited October 12, 2001).]