Showa Suspension on RMZ 250

Has anyone on here put Showa Forks or Shock on there RMZ 250, Could I used a set from RM 125 with 125 Triple Clamps, Would everthing line up, and What about Shock and Linkage? Any info would be greatly appreciated, Thanks :banghead:

if its newer modle stuff it should be fine, everything on the rm line up is the same as the 4 stroke......my tripple clamps were for newer RM 125's and 250's

uhh I find that hard to believe since the RMZ is made by KAWI... check your frame!

I put Showa suspension, Front and Rear, on my KX250F last year. It's hands down better than Kyb! I did all this work for my KX and then Kawasaki had to copy me!

Here's what I did for my 2004:

1. 2002 Honda Forks (Then full Race Tech mods) - ebay

2. 2002 Honda Front Wheet and axle - ebay

3. Honda fork guards - Acerbis

4. Honda front line brake clamp - Dealer

5. Oversize front rotor - Motosport

6. Tristar Triple Clamps - KX250F Showa - Tristar Racing

7. 2004 RM125 Shock (Stock) - Dealer

Total Cost $2000.00

Rear Shock Note:

I was sucessful in getting a Honda shock to mount up and it worked great! You need two large washers to go between the shock and frame mount. You must also grind off 1.5mm from the inside walls of the bottom shock mount. I recommend having a professional perform the grinding, because I was suspect of my own hand grinding and after running it for two months, I then bought a brand new 2005 RM 125 shock. Only the 2004 and later RM125 Shock will work. I tried an 2003 and it wouldn't work because the shock body has a twist compared to the shock mount, where as the 2004 and later is 90 degrees and fits perfectly.

Front Brake Note:

You can use the KX front brake on the honda fork they are the exact same brake caliper.

Front Wheel Note:

Your forks determine what front wheel you must run.

My 2004 KX250F

Alternatvely, you can use a complete honda front end on your KX250F. (I ran this setup for two months this year to prove it could be done).

Here's how to apply a Honda triple clamp to your KX250F:

1. Buy used Honda CRF450 clamps and steer tube off ebay - $50

2. Buy a new KX250F bottom steer tube bearing - $35?

3. Buy a new Honda CRF450 top bearing, bearing washer, bearing lock nut, triple clamp washer and triple clamp mount nut. $50?

3. Press off the old Honda bearing from the steer tube.

4. Press on the new Kawaski bearing

5. Apply grease to the top and bottom bearings.

6. Install the bottom clamp with the KX bottom bearing and Honda top bearing; torque down the bearing lock nut.

7. Install the top clamp, clamp washer and nut. Torque down the triple clamp nut.

Now Install Honda 47mm Showa forks and Honda front wheel and you're ready to go! :banghead: