Question for anyone with helmet cam knowledge

I've been using a helmet cam which uses an integral microphone. The problem is that the audio sucks! The wind noise is terrible. Does anyone know of a good microphone which has a wind noise "Muffler" (I heard this term on Speedvision referring to their on-board cameras) or some other sort of noise cancellation technology?

I also use this set-up on my street bikes and the noise is so bad that it is unusable.

------------------

Joe Bohazi

If In Doubt "Gas It"

'01 520 EXC

'99 640 LC4

'96 KX 250 Gone

'92 RM 125 Gone

'00 ZX-12R

'01 ZRX1200R

Can you tell me what I need to get a helmetcam going.I have a palmcorder that I can put in a backpack.What jacks do I need on it to hook up a helmet cam to it?What type a helmet cam is it and about how much is it?

Post your questions in the WR400/426 forum for Ron in So. Cal. He's the helmet cam expert at TT.

------------------

1999 WR400, IMS Seat/Tank, Pro-Tapers, Enduro Engineering Hand Guards, FMF MegaMax II Exhaust, Panoram Computer, MSR Skid Plate, Dunlop 756 front/back, Throttle Stop Cut, Air Box Lid Removed, Forks Raised 3/4 Inch, ThumperTalk Front Fender Stickers!

I'm using a digital camcorder in the backback. An CCD Module attached to the helmet and a microphone in the backpack. This prevents the wind noise from disturbing the audio and give you full engine sound on the tape. Other sounds like voice et cetera are not very good. But the engine noise is the most important one. It give the video the necessary flair!

Bernd

The system I am using is from www.helmetcamera.com

If you go to their website they do a pretty good of describing exaactly what you need to get started.

------------------

Joe Bohazi

If In Doubt "Gas It"

'01 520 EXC

'99 640 LC4

'96 KX 250 Gone

'92 RM 125 Gone

'00 ZX-12R

'01 ZRX1200R

We make, sell, and rent helmet cams. The problem you are describing can be fixed using a high pass filter. Usually the high pass filters are built into a preamp. Our systems all have the HPF installed an it is tunable. Our cams have been tested up to 140mph. Could have gone faster but it was raining. Any how. If you have any question check out our site or shoot me an email directly. www.helmetcams.com

helmetcam guy. I think your talking about a low pass, not a high pass filter.

------------------

- Nicklas

KTM 200exc-02 (Not yet, but pretty soon I hope)

Suzuki DRZ400-00 (kicker)

Honda XRV750-98 Africa Twin

My Photo Page

[This message has been edited by tarodog (edited October 23, 2001).]