Sign in to follow this  

TTR125LE,Stored,Bad Gas, Won't run

OK,

This may have been a topic before and if so, I'm sorry. I just do not have the time to look for it, and for the "search" well, The work computer is a little slow.

I left for a few months on work and the wife NEVER started or rode her TTR. I get home and go to start it and the battery was dead. I kick it for ever and nothing

I take a wiff of the gas and it is way bad. I drain the gas, tank and carb and it fires up on the first kick. But, it runs like poo poo..

I go get a new plug, pull the carb (and take apart as much as I know), run some cleaner and put it all back together (correctly I think). I kick it over and it runs a lot better but everytime I give it gas it wants to "bog" down. It will idle but only with the choke on and only at a low idle at that. To get any rpms you have to roll on the throttle rapidly and only a little at a time. Put it in gear and it does not have enough power to go down the road. :applause:

When I took the carb off I noticed the petcock(sp) does not stop the fuel completely..it dribbles in the off position..

Any help, I'm guessing carb issues..but I do not want to "shot gun" and I'm fairly inexperienced on motorcycle repair..

Any help would be greatly appreciated... :banghead:

I think that is has got to be to rich of a jets or a jet because I had set up my carb perfect for earlier in the year and then I started it up yesterday wouldnt idle and every time i would give it any gas it would sputter and try and die (had gas and it was turned on)

I think that is has got to be to rich of a jets

If it ran fine before that won't be the problem. Take the entire carb apart and blow everything out with compressed air.

Remove carb. Remove main jet and the base the MJ screws into as well as the pilot jet. Spray it down w/ cleaner and blow w/ compressed air. Also clean the needle jet that the float needle goes into; if that's dirty the fuel will not fully shut off. Might want to remove the petcock assembly and look at the condition of the gasket. If deteriorated, fuel will leak.

It's not likely the jet sizing issue, since it ran fine the last you rode it. Somewhere the fuel supply is clogged. Also check the fuel line for any obstructions.

Finally, put some fuel stabilizer in the tank and drain the bowl next time you're not gonna ride the bike for more than a few weeks.