Sign in to follow this  

Mike's Sky Ranch Route

A buddy and I are thinking of riding my two DRZ's to Mike's Sky Ranch on Sept 24/25. Even though I've live in San Diego, I never been there.

Can anyone point me to a good offroad route? Any chance there are Garmin GPS routes/logs? So far I can't find any.

It looks like it is about 200 miles from the border which is a bit long if all offroad in one day. I'd be curious where people start riding. I've riden a street bike about 600 miles down Baja but don't know the offroad.

That really does sound like fun. I rode in Baja once. We rode through downtown TJ to Cantamar. It was after all the rain, so there was water everywhere. It was a blast. I'm sure riding to Mikes would be even better. I live in San Diego, and can fit a surprising amount of beer in my backpack. Let me know if you find a route and want another victim along for the ride.

Take Mex 3 (between Ojos and Felipe) to the signed turn off to Mikes Sky Ranch...its about 10 miles south of Valle Trinidad. 24 miles of dirt--but its easy and there a couple of signs--follow the main dirt road.

OR

Come join us Sept 17-18...Tecate to Mikes and back...or at another baja ride.

Take a look at the 'international' forum for discussions about baja rides.

I have 2 routes to mikes in my garmin gps, I will try to download it to my pc and email them to you, send me your email.

jfigueroa2@hotmail, or if you live in san diego we can link both units together.

Mikes Ski Ranch GPS cords

N3106.541

W11538.156

You better try to make room reservation or you will be S.O.L