Big-Gun full system

Had a chance to bolt one on my 520 this weekend for a few motos. Improvement from the mid-top was impressive, even without rejetting. It was definitely lean. Plan to try dialing it in a bit in the coming weeks... Anybody else out there try one?

Hi Peter,

Yes, this was the Dowd Series. It is a test pipe that was sent to Dirt Rider magazine...I'm not sure if it is avail. to the public or not yet. I did experience the same backfiring as you on braking. Burnt my right sidepanel to a crisp...guess I need some heat tiles! :-)

Hi 55373,

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<HR>Originally posted by 55373:

Had a chance to bolt one on my 520 this weekend for a few motos. Improvement from the mid-top was impressive, even without rejetting. It was definitely lean. Plan to try dialing it in a bit in the coming weeks... Anybody else out there try one?

I've got the full system for almost a year now and I'm going to get a John Dowd series system soon. I'm pretty impressed even with the quiet core but fitting isn't 100% perfect. First thing I had to do is changing the idle jet from #48 to #52 due to heavy backfiring.

Peter

Hi all,

the John Dowd series pipe will be available within two weeks. Unfortunately they're not able for the moment to do a titanium silencer with a titanium core and behalf of the regulations of the F.I.M this system is not legal for racing F.I.M. races (e.g. world championship 500cc)

Nevertheless I'm going to get one for my 520.

Retail price will be $599.95

Peter