Sign in to follow this  

Maryland dirtbike attemped theft.

Well today was a long day. Woke up 4:30 in the morning with my shed alarm going off. So We look out the window and see the door open, we immediately turn the alarm off call the police and go after them. We found 3 black males in their 20's with bolt cutters after 2 YZ250fs a TTR225 and a R6. Needless to sya they ran and jumped in the car. They had their car facing the wrong direction (how smart) :banghead: . So they drive up to dead end (about a mile) and we waited in the truck. The cops had already set a road block so we chased them down to it. All got arrested and charged. One tried to even jump in the water to get away.

Maybe this will solve some of the shed break ins in the general area.

Needless to say they went to jail, got a impounded car and no bikes.

Yea. Im really hoping they can link these guys to the other 4wheeler/dirtbike theft. They must have follow us when we were going hom with the trailer full of bikes.

Im thinking its from the maple crest bower gardens area. Since their was no way to get their but riding no truck to be found just a 4 door white junker.

I have had a theft problem in maryland too. 3 trailer break ins in 1 year. dont count on the system to put away the crooks. 1 theft ended with the crook getting caught riding one of the bikes......I went to court for his trial, he was facing 15+ years for multiple charges and he got 1 year supervised probation....thats it! and he had no lawyer! not long after the trial, another attempt at a break in! the police said there is a large theft ring in the area with many thefts. and after all this I get a letter from D.A saying the punk wants a reduced sentence....after only probation....youve got to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!also check out Budds Creek website as they have had multiple thefts at the local hotels on race weekends. I figure if I shoot one of these fools the rest wont come around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They said its a whole different story because we seen them all in the shed and they had bolt cutters. They're still in jail as far as I know. We scared the s@#T out of them.

Woke up 4:30 in the morning with my shed alarm going off. QUOTE]

May I ask what you use for a shed alarm? Is it a stand-alone unit or is it tied to a house alarm? Stories like yours keep me up at night "hearing things"...

It's wireless im not sure of the brand. Its a cheapie we keep the speaker part in the house so they can't hear it.

I love it!!!! :banghead:

Excellent job!

Good for you. I love when a bad story has a happy ending.

I figure if I shoot one of these fools the rest wont come around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure that would help. These people are shooting each other every day.

Now, if EVERYONE started shooting the thieves, that might work.

I fully support a citizen's right to protect themselves, and to use their weapon of choice. Just aim for the head though so they don't come back to sue you. GO NRA.

ThumpItGood, Glad you got the bastards.

Glad ya got'em, just hope they do some real time. Would have been a better story if you had blasted them!

Glad they got caught!!! This sounds like the stories I used to hear about the Baltimore area when I was a member of Southern Maryland Dirt Riders.

Glad they got "nabbed"

Hope you prosecute to the fullest extent of the law.

I myself would have grabbed my shotgun! :banghead:

Just found this thread ........... Im in Essex and real glad to hear they were caught!!

This area is starting to get pretty bad and i too will be adding an alarm to my shed.

I think i would rather it go off inside and outside tho ............. not sure i want to go out there empty handed if they have a gun.

greenracer when you do just make sure you break a window form the outside in then drag them inside :applause: