Hi all, great site. My wife and I are returning to dirt riding after a LONG time away.

I bought an 05 DR-Z250 for my wife because of the low seat height and she loves it.

We ride tight trails and fire roads mostly, so I want a 250 with more power than the Zuke. Looks like a WR 250 or the CRF 250X would be what I'm looking for.

The CRF break in and valve problems bother me a little bit, so I was wondering how the WR compares to the CRF. Any advise is welcome.

The WRF is bulletproof and will give you no problems. The same cant be said of the Honda. If you like working on your bike more than riding it, get the CRF. Both bikes make about the same amount of power, but in stock form the WRF is plugged up and requires you to do some really simple modding to open it up.

Just being honest.

i would go for a crf450X that is an awesome bike. i ride/ race mine on the track and in the woods

I think that would be great too. But you have to wonder how tall this guy is, and weight.

My hubby loves his, but his 160lbs friend hates it. Got on it once, and it scared him. He rides a yam 250.

Hubby only rides his on trail. How does it do on trh track?

Hands down the CRF250X will be more fun to ride than any other bike in the same category. There is a major grin factor & flickability associated with this bike and not with the others. Yes, reliability may not be up there with the others. You can't have everything I guess. If you ask me, anyone who thinks they have a maintenance free bike is asking for trouble. Performing lubrication tasks and checking valves occasionally is not that hard to do. I've got many many miles (over 3000) on my CRF250X, which I bought over a year ago, it's still a blast to ride, and I've had no problems with it. Nothing but grins and fun. No regrets. :banghead:

Go Honda! :applause:

click and click more info....don't take my word for it.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm 6'1" 230 lbs. and would consider a 450 but I really like the lighter 250's. I like the DR-Z and the 6-speed trans, but it's down on power and it is hard to get the front end up with the throttle. Looking for power and "flickability".

Ive never heard of these "valve problems". I think Honda exceeds any other manufacturer in quality. They are the largest internal combustion engine manufacturer in the world! I think they know what they are doing.

I have owned 3 Hondas and i was very happy with all of them.

I dont like Yammies, but really its just like a Ford vs Chevy debate. Take your pick. Blue or Red?

(PICK RED PICK RED!)

The WRF is bulletproof and will give you no problems. The same cant be said of the Honda. If you like working on your bike more than riding it, get the CRF. Both bikes make about the same amount of power, but in stock form the WRF is plugged up and requires you to do some really simple modding to open it up.

Just being honest.

You should change your name to Honda basher. :applause: I know riders with yz250f's that have had top end problems.? Does this mean all yamy's will grenade? If you take care of your machine it will take care of you, whether it's blue or red. :banghead:

Ive never heard of these "valve problems". I think Honda exceeds any other manufacturer in quality. They are the largest internal combustion engine manufacturer in the world! I think they know what they are doing.

I have owned 3 Hondas and i was very happy with all of them.

I dont like Yammies, but really its just like a Ford vs Chevy debate. Take your pick. Blue or Red?

(PICK RED PICK RED!)

i to have owned a few Honda's, they do not exceed KTM in all round quality and build. :banghead:

Ive never owned a KTM, so i wouldnt know. They do look like very nice bikes. I am going to stick to Hondas, i just like them.

u

So far ive only broken a clutch cable, and that was on my 1999 XR100R which i bought used. I never oiled the cable. Stupid me, it broke. not hondas fault at all.

Sorry, ive never ever heard of the 250's having valve problems. Everyone ive talked to has only had good things to say about them.

Also, i work at a Honda Marine an Mercury Dealer. I was sold on hondas far before i got the job at the marina, but after working with them i like Honda even more!

A Merc is really just a Yammy painted black! Im serious! They are almost identical engines! The Hondas are much much more reliable, so far we have only seen one blowed up honda, and that was because they had it propped wrong, running it wide open all the time every day on an oyster farm. ONE.

Mercs? We had three in a row come in with bad water pumps. They are good engines, but not nearly as reliable as a Honda. Get a honda, you will not be sorry.