Sign in to follow this  

thinking of this......

in the last couple of days i've been thinking.

me and my dad are planning on buying a ski doo rev. if we find a nice one in our price range i would want to go with plan A.

Plan B on the other hand is me selling my bike this spring, not spending any of my money, keeping the hours i have at work right now through out winter and buying a 2006 yz450F(you read it right, 450) this would mean i would get 5000 from my bike, and 4000 from working. that equals enough to buy a '06 450.

what do you guys think of my plan? :banghead:

let talk american dollars.. used 04 yz250f.. lucky to get 3500. certainly you wont get 5000. as soon as you roll it off the dealership you basically loose 1000 bucks

ttr125lerider, prices are gonna differ state to state and country to country. For example, here in cali a 2001 yz250f in good condition can sell for around 3200 (some of that is because it is green stickered). Not to mention he is speaking in canadian figures.

You live in manatoba, don't have a sled, have a bike, and you want to work all winter to buy a different bike and not have a sled? You are crazy. Get a sled and ride all year round.

How could you live in Manitoba and not have a MX Zx 440?

how could you live in illinois and not have a life? :banghead:

anyway, would a 450 kick my ass? my friend, raced 250 and 450 thumpers, said he got arm pump really fast on the 450. no one seems to like my idea. :applause:

450F's are a lot to handle. My opinion is that unless you're an expert level rider or close to it it's hard to believe you could take advantage of the power of a 450F. Most are better off taking advantage of the lighter weight of a 250F.

How could you live in Manitoba and not have a MX Zx 440?

Thats what I was thinking......I mean I live in Delaware and I have 3 sleds! Go with the sled whitey :banghead:

no, have 2 and don't really want another, what if it doesn't snow, what if my friends don't want to go sledding, what about gas prices. dude theres so many things that are better in the summer.

Fair enough, from your original post I assumed you didnt even have a sled. What are you riding?

sled wise a polaris indy 500, suspensions not the greatest but it goes 100MPH. and theres the xlt, which would get sold if we got a new sled.

I'd recommend sticking with the 250F. I've seen more than one person step up to a 450F and ride slower than on a 250F, some that just liked the 250F better, ect... Bigger isn't always better. If the bike is paid for that is another nice feature. I recommend taking that $4,000 and using it on something else, maybe a few accessories for your 250F.

College fund.

my parents already have that all sorted out. :applause:

today during a long walk for gym class(lame i know, i didn't like it) my and my friend were just shooting the :banghead: about some of our past sled rides together, and it made me remember all the crazy stuff we did and the fun we had, so it made me want a sled a little more. all my friends are saying no 450, and i think some of them know enough about bikes to make me want to believe them. so i could put $1000 into my bike and the rest into a sled. i don't know, my bike may never be what i want it to. :lol: i think i may be better off getting a new bike, ratther than a sled and trying to revive my old one. i'm stuck :lol: