Sign in to follow this  

SDG speed mini compared to

I'm in the process of buying a new mini and wanted to know how the speed mini compares with the newer ones (thumpstar pro 125 and pitster pro) performance and reliability wise? I know they've been out for about a year now and am very interrested in those since they are available for a bit less here in canada.

if you know good places to import in canada that would be helpfull too.

Thanks

Dany

sdg STAY AWAY!

no customer service on a bike that WILL break. if you want to get serious about riding a 50 get a honda and have fun building it slowly :banghead:

stay away from them...there motors are so HORRIBLE my tranny was crap after a few weeks of riding...u can get better customer service from a prostitue in mexico than those guys....

also if ur bike breaks and u email them for warranty work etc they will tell u to go to ur closest dealership for parts...haha u live in canada and need one of those bikes imported, that means there is noone around u to get parts and ude be screwed.......i mean ive been looking for a rear sprocket for my sdg for months and no luck, what is up with that? eventually i swaped motors and put a crf50 motor in and alota good parts on the bike...10x's better

honda is the way to go in my opinion.... but then again... those knock-offs are getting better.... but who knows how long the knock-offs last.. although i know that my CRF50 will last for YEARS to come :banghead:

The Pitster is about $2k less than an SDG here in Canada, better bike and save your self some $ to modify later (or buy 2 for the price of one!).

Check pm.

Everyone has given you great reply's and they are correct. I spent many days with friend trying different pit bikes and the results that we found were:

SDG wants to turn when going straight so a SDG owner will say to just put a 12" front wheel on it. Yea that may help but what if you want to use a 12" in the rear, now you have the same poor handling junk. The fork rake is way off so if you want to fix in right grab the torch and welder. As for the engine, you can't get an oil cooler or a piston bigger than 2mm for that three valve engine that they don't even make anymore. The new engines should be better, I heard they are using an Xtreme engine or something similar.

What is the magic amount of chain slack to keep the chain on a Thumpstar or a Pitster? Have you seen the cartoon looking swingarn angles? If you land to far back on the rear wheel the hit is solid do to the angle. the frame is not much different then a stock Honda frame with no gusets chromoly or not.

I see people looking at junk just because it looks trick and then they don't ride, now that is what I call not supporting the sport. You need to buy a bike that has been proven. One, Get a Honda and put 3-5 thousand into it or get an Xtreme and put very little into it and be a winner.

If you land to far back on the rear wheel the hit is solid do to the angle. the frame is not much different then a stock Honda frame with no gusets chromoly or not.

I see people looking at junk just because it looks trick and then they don't ride, now that is what I call not supporting the sport. You need to buy a bike that has been proven. One, Get a Honda and put 3-5 thousand into it or get an Xtreme and put very little into it and be a winner.[/quote

]

I've looked at the PitsterPro frame and it does have a U shaped gusset from basically the steering head to the bend behind the motor

Shit

Don't

GO

heres a list of what sdg means...

still dont go

sick donkey gonnoreah

slow dildo grinder

sucks da goo

shit dont get

Simply Dirtbike Garbage

Somone Definately Goofed

SMELL DEM GEARS

Sure Doesnt GIT-R-DUN

Severely Dilapitated Goods

Some Dumb Guy - - - will buy that crap.

Second Day, it's Garbage

Sure Deserves Ghostridiing

Sucks Doggy Gonads

Saudimize Dumb Girls

slowly degenerating geezer

Sure defines GAY

Skips Down Gears

slouch da grouch

sold down grunge

shitty designed graphics

Swift Death Guaranteed

sucks down gas

shot down and gernaded

still debilitated in garage

shows defeat by grinding!!

Still Defended by Guys who can't ride.

Sucks Dick Good

Slow's Down Great

Someone's Down Greenbacks

Stripped Down Gascap

Strips Damn Gears

Sticky Danky Greenbud

Speed can't Defy Grama's speed!

Slower Den' Granny

SURE DESTROYS GREAT!!!

heres a list of what sdg means...

still dont go

sick donkey gonnoreah

slow dildo grinder

sucks da goo

shit dont get

Simply Dirtbike Garbage

Somone Definately Goofed

SMELL DEM GEARS

Sure Doesnt GIT-R-DUN

Severely Dilapitated Goods

Some Dumb Guy - - - will buy that crap.

Second Day, it's Garbage

Sure Deserves Ghostridiing

Sucks Doggy Gonads

Saudimize Dumb Girls

slowly degenerating geezer

Sure defines GAY

Skips Down Gears

slouch da grouch

sold down grunge

shitty designed graphics

Swift Death Guaranteed

sucks down gas

shot down and gernaded

still debilitated in garage

shows defeat by grinding!!

Still Defended by Guys who can't ride.

Sucks Dick Good

Slow's Down Great

Someone's Down Greenbacks

Stripped Down Gascap

Strips Damn Gears

Sticky Danky Greenbud

Speed can't Defy Grama's speed!

Slower Den' Granny

SURE DESTROYS GREAT!!!

you forgot Sorry Disabled Garbage

<----owner of 04 sdg with gpx 124

:applause: OMG I rode my SDG for one day before the kickstart stripped out! Took the SDG back to dealer and haven't seen it since. I didn't know SDG's had so many problems :banghead: