Sign in to follow this  

Carpel Tunnel Help KTM

Has anyone had surgery for Carpel Tunnel. I have heard conflicting reports. Some have said it solved their problems while others have said that after 2 to 3 years they now have continuing tingling in their fingers and others say they get pain from arm up to elbow. Any info would help.

Thanks.

Ride Often & Ride Safe.

I have been dealing with Carpel Tunnel and dirt biking for 4 years now. I decided not to have surgey because 3 people I know had the surgery and their symptoms returned.One even got worse.I really had to change my riding style to deal with it.Do you hands fall asleep when you ride? I see that you ride a 426 I was going to buy one last year but after I rode one the thing vibrates so bad it put my hands to sleep in less than a 1/2 mile.I rode a KTM400 and loved it. It has some vibration but not much. I installed gel grips,anti-vibration bar inserts and a steering stablizer.I keep a loose grip on the bars,elbows up and sit down when I can to take pressure off of my wrists. I can now ride most of the day with no symptoms.

I have had carpal tunnel for many many years, bad. It was'nt until I bought my 426 this year and found there was no way I was going to be able to ride with it, that I decided to go ahead and have the surgery done this year. After three months of recovery I'm doing great. My wrists still get sore sometimes but nothing like before. It was so bad before that I could only stand about 20min of riding, before my hands would become completely numb. If you really have it bad I would recommend it, else just load up on anti-inflamatories and tape your wrist with athletic tape. I still tape my wrists before I ride and this seems to help. Good luck!

Purchase a copper bracelet with magnets in it. Sebona makes them and they are fairly inexpensive. It may sound hoaky, I thought it was for years, but I hurt my wrist, could hardly hold a remote control or throttle a bike., started wearing the bracelet and within a few days, the pain was gone. Best thing I ever did without surgery. Turns the wrist green, but a small price to pay for less pain

Mike

Thanks guys,it's not the pain just the numbness and burning sesation, yes I have taken pills no help, might try the bracelet. My hands even go numb when driving a vehicle, mentally it's just wearing on me. Thanks for the info.

Ride Often & Ride Safe

Originally posted by Unkle Moose:

Has anyone had surgery for Carpel Tunnel. I have heard conflicting reports. Some have said it solved their problems while others have said that after 2 to 3 years they now have continuing tingling in their fingers and others say they get pain from arm up to elbow. Any info would help.

Thanks.

Ride Often & Ride Safe.

I had Carpel Tunnel, and had the surgery. I didn't ride for a couple of months but the problem went away. For about 12 months my palm was a bit sore if I pressed on it in the area of the surgery, but other then that it's been great.

:)