ktm 2006 competition kits???

did any of you guys get a any extras with the bike like plastics etc, as before i bought my sxf i saw in the papers that you would get a competition kit, which comprised of graffix, full plastics, grips, air filter all free when you buy a 06 model, when i picked the bike up i was told that they hadnt come in and i would get them at a later date, he then said the kit was only graffix, front race plate and grips. i rang ktm uk to find out what i should get but they would not tell me, they said contact your dealer as it depends on what deal he gave you at the time! does any one know what i sould get? :banghead:

Here in the U.S. i did not get anything special like that with my 250sxf, i wasnt told i would be getting anything later down the road either.

When I got mine 2 weeks ago, it came with KTM Thor jersey and KTM socks.

Here in australia we didnt get any either i asked the dealer if i was surposed to get one but he handed me a dealer release from ktm saying that 250sxf and big and small wheel 85cc bike will not neceive the spares listed above even though it was published in several magazine tests as coming with the bike but i got a good deal ne way so im not that bummed.

i'm going to pick up my sxf this weekend i'll let you know if they give me any thing extra. i've heard different storys from everyone. it seems the sx models have had the competition kit with them. must be to boost sales with the 2 strokes?

Here in australia we didnt get any either i asked the dealer if i was surposed to get one but he handed me a dealer release from ktm saying that 250sxf and big and small wheel 85cc bike will not neceive the spares listed above even though it was published in several magazine tests as coming with the bike but i got a good deal ne way so im not that bummed.

your wrong i think your shop is ripping you off!! the Aussie EXC models come with this,SX's aren't much different

1:spare both side radiator shrouds

2:full sticker kit , both radiators and air box

3:spare sprockets front and rear, SX models, has chain and sprockets

4:spare air filter

5:spare grips

6:bar pad

7:ktm nylon briefcase with manuals and books

8:shorter tail light and number plate holder assembly

9:molded black Polly plastic KTM bash plate

10:spare front number plate

11: KTM tool kit and pouch

and i also got thrown into the deal a KTM muffler plug, KTM hand guards, KTM tie downs, and 2 shirts..

you people in aus should go back to the shop and demand you get these items

as this is what KTM ships the bikes with, they want you to have these extras.

Ive seen most of the things i just posted for sale separately on ebay, im sure bike shops are selling off the things you are supposed to be getting with the bike! go and demand the spares package, and if they don't cough up tell them you are going to report them to fair trading or to KTM themselves, I'm sure u will get what you are entitled to! :banghead:

In the US we got, a bike, a tool kit without spark plug wrench,a set of manuals ( 5 languages ) without a repair book,no spare parts or jets, :applause::banghead: But one hell of a motorcycle!!!!!.....(250sxf)

i picked up my 250sxf today. i asked my dealer about the competion kit and they said only bikes he got with the kit included was the 125sx. i got the bike, manuals, nylon ktm bag with the "pen" and tool kit less the spark plug wrench. the spare parts manual only covered the chassis. was told the motor parts manual will be out on cd very soon....didnt get to ride the bike yet but it is one sweet looking ride.

Your right we are being ripped off i rang ktm uk about the comp kit again today and guess what, they said i had to speak to my dealer about it?!

Got my sxf here in the uk and i never got a race kit with it i never even got jets. when i spoke to my dealer about it he said that he had nothing from ktm. he said that they may start doing the race kits after the post season buying frenzy. i did manage to get some other free stuff from him. i had a look in the Trials and motocross news and it was only the 05's that were offered with the race kit. If you find anything diffrent please let me know.

im sure i saw it in the tmx news when they tested the 06 range recently, but i binded it! i bought mine from sideways cycles dorset, i rang ian today and he said that the kits hadnt come through yet and if they dont arrive from ktm he would supply the kit from stock then reclaim it from ktm. but he said he neede to contact head office to find out exacly what to give.

All I got was twoo sprokets and a big fat thatnk you to go along with that big fat check I wrote :banghead:

thanks for pointing that out to me. i left mine rather late and had to get it from dennis ivines in aberdeen. the guy seemed decent enough though so i can't see it being a problem. tell me waht it is that you get so i can say to the dealer.

i think he said, graffics, front race plate, grips, air filter, rear panel/fender combo, good luck