Sign in to follow this  

Dealers ?!?!?!?!

As some of you know I am looking for a new bike for my boy, was up at the stealer last night and they had a nice little CRF70 used. Asked what they wanted for it 1300. After picking up my jaw I asked how much a new one was...I was told over 2000. If memory serves that is WAY over MSRP.

I just said thanks and left, at least I know the boy will fit the bike as well as a 110, so I can start my internet search.

I guess they are good for something.

He will be 9 in Jan.

and

2000 is still over the MSRP of a new model....even before they start tacking on the prep and all the other junk.

Nope I will find a clean used one. He is saving up half of the money himself, doing odd jobs and such. Little guy is MOTIVATED. He was already outrunning mom on his 50, and spent the last weekend riding untill he got blisters on his hands, had to pry him off the bike. He went through 2 tanks of gas....thats a lot of riding.

How can they sell it that cheap? Are you sure that's not a mistake?

Make sure you call first to be sure. I've never seen prices that low.

*Southern Honda strives to maintain accurate web pricing. Please call and speak to a salesman to lock in your price and make arrangements to pick up your unit. TOLL FREE (800) 491-1640

Yea I am sure.

My brother bought his son a CRF50 for $900 OTD right after I paid $1350 OTD here in NC. :banghead::applause:

You have to go there and pick it up.

He got his right before Christmas and they had an assembly line pulling them off the trailers and assembling them all the way to your vehicle. That is called a volume dealer....

I was wondering about those prices too - are they the only Honda dealer in that area?

No, they just like volume.

Call them you will see. They price it out the door also. :banghead::applause:

Even better ask in the regional forums and you will see who all from here has bought from them. 🤣

They also have a Polaris dealership nearby.

Under $1,000 is incredible. My local volume dealer (LA Honda/Yamaha)quoted $1499 OTD and they always the cheapest of the So Cal rip off artists.

"Thank You! You are on your way to saving big dollars on your Honda 2005 CRF70F. Todays price is $1499 OUT THE DOOR, including all applicable taxes, registration, and document fees. We do not charge any freight, set-up, or destination charges."

Just my 2 cents on the bike choice. I bought my son an XR70 when he was 8. after four months I had to weld the frame in 3 places because he was so aggressive. I put him on an XR80, which was a little big for him, but he could still touch the ground and the suspension would absorb his aggression much better. He's now 11 and still on it. (I will probably have to move him up next year.)

I guess my point is, if he is an aggressive rider, and he can reach the ground on an XR80 I would recomend that instead. It would be much more enjoyable for you and him in the long run. Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth.

Thanks for the input, I am still doing research on bikes. That is very nice to know info on the 70. I am also looking at the Kaw/Suz 110 and the TTR90.

He is saving fast but I think I am going to be buying around Christmas....bikes are expensive.