The "Upside" to the Honda 250 design.

Here's something:

Wife raced the "Lost Coyotes" Disrict 37 Race last Weekend.

She fell on a hill, with the Bars on the downhill side, and could not pick the Bike up.

She did exactly like I told her, she drug the back wheel to the downhill side so she was no fighting gravity and picked the Bike up!

Pretty Cool, right?

Here's the rub....

At some point the Rear Brake Pedal got pushed into the Clutch Cover and punched a small hole in it!

She never noticed, fired the Bike up and finished the Race, probably 5-10 Miles or so were left.

I got about a "Shot Glass" full of Trans Oil out of the Bike, that's all that was left.

Had it been a Yamaha or Kawa-Zuki, WITHOUT a separate Oil supply for the Motor, I would be writing a BIG CHECK today for engine parts.

I doubt it killed anything in the Trans.,but I'll update this after I get it apart.

Just a cheery thought for all of us with Valve issues!

You guys are delusional in the context of accepting a poor engine design.

I've dropped big blue all over the place and never punched a hole in my cases with the damned brake lever.

Honda could very easily correct these problems if it HAD to, ie you nerfs keep buying the grenades and putting them back together. :banghead:

I've dropped big blue all over the place and never punched a hole in my cases with the damned brake lever.

Honda could very easily correct these problems if it HAD to, ie you nerfs keep buying the grenades and putting them back together. :banghead:

Yeah funny that, I always see fellas picking up there big blue just as I ride straight past them on my better handling little red, at least I suppose it keeps you fit having to pick up that big blue all over the place.

I lost a YZ250F engine from the clutch plates going through the engine. Bottom end to the top, it was all ruined. I'm not saying the Honda is the most mechanically sound bike out there, but I am happy to have separate oil compartments.

Honda could very easily correct these problems if it HAD to, ie you nerfs keep buying the grenades and putting them back together.?

I ride with many blue riders and agree that they are good machines. That said I have seen many "go down" from loss of engine or transmision oil. :banghead:

There is a fix for the brake lever through the clutch cover for anyone willing to do a search. :applause:

As far as engine issues I've had my bike (250X) for at least 18 months and ride hard every weekend and some weekdays with no probs, valves still in spec as of last check ( never been shimmed).?

That sounds very interesting do you have any pics? :banghead:

no i don't, my kid dropped my camera on our last vacation so i cannot post one. i lowered my pegs and got higher handle bars so i can stand on the bike a little more comfortable and when i put them on i noticed how i needed to lower the brake and thought of threads like this and thought " well, i guess i don't have to worry about that". i'm only 5'7 but i like to stand a lot so the bike can move around with out having to move me first. standing without being bent over takes a lot of the stress off my elbows (i have a bad left elbow). they are nice BIG pegs and i highly recommend them, the stock pegs are to small and hard to stand on for a long period of time imo.

Right on about Big Blue crashes. I became so tired of picking up the top-heavy YAM, I finally sold it and bought Red. Crashes are gone and it is not from a new MSF class. Unlike the Yamaha, the bike is totally flickable. I am faster, less tired and the bottom line is, Honda is more fun! Not to mention I had every mod on Thumper Talk done to the YAM bike because it needed the improvements. The Honda? A pipe, jet kit, 2 springs, CC mods and finished. The YAM took a year of tinkering, upgrades, and money to get it right. The YAMs are good bikes but I sure like the Honda better.

I read about this early and fixed it before I ever road the bike. Ya gotta grind off that inboard rear tooth on the lever, I did both inboard teeth just to be safe. Just grind off and smooth the area and that eliminates the automatic case drain feature.

LMAO...this guy cracks me up. Word.

Doesn't require a search, but a $9.99 "Brake Snake" from Pro Circuit.

The brake snake is for keeping bushes and crap out of the space between the lever and engine. 1/16 cable and ferrules from Orchard Supply or any other hardware store only costs a few cents. I've been doing that for many years.

The low/no speed tipover is where the tooth on the pedal will perforate the case. Fix it as described above.

Yeah funny that, I always see fellas picking up there big blue just as I ride straight past them on my better handling little red, at least I suppose it keeps you fit having to pick up that big blue all over the place.

Baaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Serves you Trolls right! Go back to your Yamaha Forum.