Sign in to follow this  

XR400 Gold valve and shim stack

I just rebuilt my XR400 shock with a gold valve using their specs. Not until I got it back together did a few questions come up and I hate to pull it back apart so maybe someone here has the answer. On the stock valve there are two holes on the inside diameter middle of the valve. Does anyone know if the gold valve has these? I have read it is critical the stock valve is centered on the shaft to utilize these holes for flow, IF the gold valve has these, do they also need to be centered, I was under the impression not to add spacers at the end of the compression stack, only at the end of the rebound stack to get the correct shaft holding nut height. Any help would be appreciated.

I just rebuilt my XR400 shock with a gold valve using their specs. Not until I got it back together did a few questions come up and I hate to pull it back apart so maybe someone here has the answer. On the stock valve there are two holes on the inside diameter middle of the valve. Does anyone know if the gold valve has these? I have read it is critical the stock valve is centered on the shaft to utilize these holes for flow, IF the gold valve has these, do they also need to be centered, I was under the impression not to add spacers at the end of the compression stack, only at the end of the rebound stack to get the correct shaft holding nut height. Any help would be appreciated.

god i did some of those and you would have to really set the height way wrong to get it to not work correctly,

and you would have a hell of a time to get it together !

because of the piston not letting you bleed it very well,

when you pull the shaft back up it would really bind and almost suck the bladder back down in the reservoir !