Sign in to follow this  

do i need to do any thing to my bike

a bbr? the brand? cause there is lots a bbr parts avalable but im guessing your talking about a bore/stroker kit or something like that and in that case i have no idea

Congratulations! A friend of mine got a BBR as well - cost over $10,500. That said, for the money it was pretty well set up.

i do not have much experience with bbr so im not sure but with most upgrades you might need to rejet the carburator i have no clue what it would be for a ttr 125 but check out the sticky post of ttr mods

you dont need the frame cradle. its just highly recomended if you do any jumping. but most people go with 17.5 pilot, and 110 main jet, with pipe and airbox mod.

BTW... you may want to wear a rubber the first time you start your ttr with the bbr pipe.. it rumbles just like a mini 250f

The frame cradle is the single most important mod for this bike, unless you intend to ride street permanently. You WILL encounter bumps on the trail, and rocks, and you will kick something up toward the underside of the engine. The frame cradle doubles as a very nice skidplate. When jumps enter the picture, you will be glad your frame is strengthened too.

The jetting specs provided are spot on. One of our TTR125Ls has the BBR pipe, while the other uses the Pro Circuit. The BBR has a great sound and a better power spread. Good Choice.

www.bbrmotorsports.com/Gallery/Customer's%20Bikes/TomAndDanaOfBrewsterNY_1.jpg

Sorry to disagree, but I definitely do not think the frame cradle is "the single most important mod for this bike" as you have stated several times. We don't have one on ours and it is absolutely fine for the type of riding we do. If it was built so weakly, don't you think Yamaha would have gotten tired of replacing frames on the warrantee by now?

If you are buying the TTR125's for MXing I would be inclined to agree with that, but i would like to think most people would go ahead and get the YZ85 if that is what they wanted it for instead of the trail bike the TTR125 is.

Personally I think the frame cradle is a waste of money....

Anything that adds protection to the most vulnerable point on an engine is not a waste of money, in my book. Besides the fact that many people (self included) will end up jumping this bike, the inherent benefit of a having a metal skidplate versus a plastic one merits consideration. Honda had a similar frame design with the older XR200s, although they provided a metal skidplate instead of a plastic one. While I don't recall hearing of frame stretch issues on the Hondas, I have heard about it on the TTRs.

Bottom line is that the weakest point on these bikes is that area, which is easily bolstered by a $130 part. Too many people drop $200-300 on pipes, then look at $90 springs, $110 cams, etc. before addressing this simple and relatively inexpensive longevity improvement. :banghead:

Sharing tips that work is what this place is all about. I don't mind a differing opinion...hope the same applies to others as well.

Happy trails - and get that frame cradle... :applause:

Sharing tips that work is what this place is all about. I don't mind a differing opinion...hope the same applies to others as well.

Happy trails - and get that frame cradle... :banghead:

Great attitude there.🤣

I usually get everyone on the defensive and very argumentative, but somehow you keep a level head... :applause:

Just for grins, what oil do you use and how often do you change it?

I'm guessing from my own personal stereotype of you that its either yamalube or Amsoil and you change every ride...

i use some synthetic oil i dont know what its called

:banghead:

You're fine as long as you change it often... I was asking cyclenut51. :applause: