Sign in to follow this  

2nd wave of mods. Damn!

I've had my bike for nearly a year; DRZ400s 2005. I did ther standard mods almost immediately; 3x3, burned jetting, knobbies, stripped the bike of heavy extra stuff. A little later I did the bars, risers and hand guards. Now I'm doing the 2nd wave. I'm starting with BD led taillight If TT sends it by saturday. I am also going to mount a Moose tool roll and dump the stock tool pouch.

The urge to wrench on the bike comes in waves. Who has experienced this? I seem to want my DRZ to be as far from stock as possible and have my signature on it. I did not experience this with my 650GS or V-Strom. What gives?

I think that the easier they make a bike to work on the more you want to work on it. These bikes are easy with things in a logical postition and with logical ways to remove them.

And for waves......I'm still waiting for the first one to stop and I've had my klx almost two years now.

It's the versatility. It can be more street, or more dirt or a little bit of both. So many options and available parts, plus this forum! This forum is actually driving me to do more mods than anything else, and at the same time taking me to the cleaners :banghead::applause:

It's the versatility. It can be more street, or more dirt or a little bit of both. So many options and available parts, plus this forum! This forum is actually driving me to do more mods than anything else, and at the same time taking me to the cleaners :applause:🤣

And me, other than bolting a belly pan on my last bike (Honda Hornet CB600 F)

I did nothing to it except ride it, 2 years and 12,000 miles.

All I do is plan what to do next to my DRZ, well I also ride it a bit, and wait for parts to arrive from your side of the pond, and wait and wait (you get the picture)

Neil.

:banghead:🤣🤣

It's the versatility. It can be more street, or more dirt or a little bit of both. So many options and available parts, plus this forum! This forum is actually driving me to do more mods than anything else, and at the same time taking me to the cleaners :applause:🤣

We try :banghead:

I have personally noticed that the more mods a bike has the longer it stays in my garage, the bikes I leave mostly stock end up getting sold within a couple of years. I usually end up not liking to work on them so they don't get modified and so don't fit me or my needs as well as one I set up. My tengai used to get worried when I'd bring a new bike home, now it just chuckles because it knows it will be around a lot longer.

That is true about TT. All the mods I have done were after advice or posts from this forum. I have been happy with all mods done. TT is a great resource.

I am glad too that I found this forum! Especially for the critical mods and yet some people argue about the most simplest things( red locktite your bleeping counter shaft sprocket) what is so hard about that, I feel better knowing my gearbox is not going to be trashed. Anyway I log in everyday to see whats up, always good stuff..

Would I be building a bored and stroked bad ass motor if not for thumpertalk? :banghead: I think not. :applause: It's all you guys fault! 🤣

I'll just send you the bill.🤣