Sign in to follow this  

Stupid question #1002449

Is there a top and bottom to the shock spring?

My new racetech spring fits(the spring seats)better when the logo on the spring is upside down. Is the spring upside down or does it matter?

I got a new RaceTech rear spring, 5.7kg, and it was a really tight fit on the collar. There is NO upsidedown on the spring, so go with what fits best. Unless it bugs you to see the printing wrong, then you will have to file it out a little bit.

Hey, help the ignorant. Post a link to where you can select and purchase a Race Tech rear shock spring.

At 210lbs, 40 foot flatlanders are the limit with the stock DRZSM shock spring.

Here is the only one I have, it also helps you work out what springs you need, front and back.

http://www.race-tech.com/evalving/english/Srchpr.asp?bikeid=1008&manufacture=Suzuki&model=DR-Z+400S&year=2000&TABLEINFO=dirt&langname=english

Neil. :banghead::applause:

Race tech (or anyone else for that matter) bases their spring recommendation on their valving I believe, unless they have an area for stock valving. Those two parts equal the whole and therefore are very interlocked. Some places believe in going lighter on the spring and do more with the valving and others may use a heavier spring and lighter valving.

I can see your point - but since the springs are ordered based on a Kg per mm of travel as these are - you can be assured of getting a stiffer spring.

I'm running out of things to do besides the forks - dynojet complete carb back in place - rear spring done - only a few more things and I'm gonna be forced to go w/the three per side on top of the spring option.