Sign in to follow this  

Much of a Diffrence?

Hey guys I currently have an 03 CRF 230 and was looking at the Suzuki's and thinking about getting a 250F and I was wondering if I should do it or not.I've been riding since I was 5. I was wondering how much maintenance was involved also. Thanks

Lots of maintenance, need to know how to check valves, shim valves, and replace valves (all fairly easy just take time). Change oil about every two rides, air filters every ride, oil filter change ever 2-3 oil changes. Plus all the normal stuff like chains, tires, sprockets, and such. More work then on a crf230 for sure.

its not hard at all...the only thing different is the valves...other than that its no more maintanance than any other bike..u still gotta change the oil every 3 rides...air filter when needed..just basic stuff...depending how hard u ride the valves should last a while...my bike so far is 6 months and valves are still in spec, i try to ride every 1 to 2 weeks

A ton more than your 230F thats for sure. However, you will absolutely love the power and suspension. If you have been riding since 5, you are probably getting the most out of the 230F. When you go to the 250F, you will be a rocket ship. Maintenance is the key, however in my view maintenance is part of the fun. Nothing like getting your hands dirty! Good luck, I am sure you will love the performance! :banghead:

Maintenance depends on rider situations. If you race a bunch and really wring it out, your maintenance will be tons more than trail riding. No matter what you do, learn the bike. They like to be short shifted and stay off the rev limiter.

What to do -

1. Change the oil often

2. Keep the filter clean (oil & air)

3. Check valves often (Takes about 20 mins.)

4. Keep the bike clean so it runs cool

5. Changing valves - (got it down to about 1 hr)

6. Keep a close eye on the clutch (tons of heat there!)

In all I love my Suzuki, would not ride nothing else. Unless, another manufacture paid me to do so :applause:

Maintenance is not a problem for me as I want to go to MMI and be a motorcycle mechanic. Most of the riding I do is trail riding. But I do go to tracks and ride so I figure this would be a heck of an improvement. Thanks for your help so far guys.

Dustin

its funny everyone makes this long list like its so much harder...but most of the stuff is the same as ur other bike...yes all bikes need oil changes ..all bikes need filter clean, all bikes need to adjust ur clutch now and then...its just the valves u need to keep an eye the most important