Sign in to follow this  

Thanksgiving in Prescott - riders? places?

Will be in visiting in-laws in Prescott for Thanksgiving (Thur-Sat). Coming out from San Diego and hoping to hook up with some riders. Ride a CRF250X and will try not to slow anyone down too much.

Thanks!

What is your skill level?

You might want to ask a little closer to the date. There are always rides going on over the weekends around then, so you should'nt have a problem finding someone to ride with.

I'll be up in Prescott over Thanksgiving spending the holidays with the family. I went to college up there, but I didn't begin riding until a couple of years after I graduated. I bought my '03 WR450 from the shop in Prescott Valley. I have some friends that have ridden up there and I could probably get some directions. I know they often stage out of Lynx Lake and also Mayer.

I also have a friend who has in-laws up there. I'll email him and see if he plans on doing any riding over the weekend. He knows the area very well.

I could easily be talked into taking my bike up over the weekend if we get a ride planned.

I'm a C level rider, so I'll just be going out to have fun and not kill myself :banghead:

Take Senator Hwy from Prescott to Crown King. Nice ride, scenic and safe.

Come back from Mayer to Senator Hwy to Prescott.

The BEST riding near Prescott is Camp Wood, Take Williamson Valley road out of town heading North about 18-20 miles there is a noticable left hand turn onto a dirt road. I think its FR 21.Take that road about 8-10 miles untill you get back into the trees, good camping and tons' o riding. Just take a map. they can be had cheaply at any of hte outdoor stores downtown Prescott. For anyone whos been in AZ a while and remembers ADRA (arizona desert racing assoc.) there was a race up there every July. I grew up riding in that area, there are some good trails for all skill levels and great camping.