What's the best state for off road and trail riding?

If you were to move to another state solely based on the riding opportunities there, which one would it be?

Which one has the most available land, least amount of bureaucracy, most interesting terrain, most variety, wide open spaces, etc.?

4Takt

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEW MEXICO !!!! mountains,single-track,fire roads,street rides, desert (of course), ski-run races, motocross, super moto, You name it its here.....just watch out for idiots on quads riding around 2-3 people on one machine getting in wrecks, getting hurt, and getting our areas shut down. :banghead:

Utah leads for all-season riding, summer would find Alaska at the top of the list. Following trails can be bad because many of them are bear or moose track, they don't like being suprised. 24 hour sunlight all summer and lots of twisty mountain highways make for good times with the motard crowd as well.

I can only speak for where I live, California- Los Angeles area. Anyway- as far as places to ride we have a variety of ALL terain. From sand dunes to mountain climbs and when I say mountains depending on where you go I am talking full on mountain ridges! Plenty of fire roads as well as single track and so on and so forth. Now the only issue that we have is red and green sticker bikes which most all of you know about. Those damn "Tree Hugging environmentalists! :banghead: All that I could ask more of is to get rid of the red/green sticker issue not that it will ever happen but it sure would be nice