Sign in to follow this  

Best Air Filter Oil

Yes I did a search !!!!

I would start a poll, but don't know how.

This months Dirt Rider did a test on Air Filter Oils and Cleaners. What is everyone out there in the real world using any why?

I had read that No Toil was used by a lot of CRF'ers, so I bought this shrinked wrapped kit that had the spray oil, cleaner, and rim grease all together. Now I find out the spray is rated the lowest in the test, but the liquid ranked near the top. Thoughts?

What about the rim grease? If I put it on the filter, by the time I get the darn thing back in the air box most of it is all over the air box. Should I just grease the airbox rim?

I just bought a Honda kit that included cleaner solvent, oil and sealer ($10)... ill give it a shot tomorrow and see how well it works.

Ive tried most all of them. In the end, I think they are all about the same, especially if you change the filter regularly.

Personally, I stuck with the No Toil oil (and Oxy clean to clean it). Works great.

I use NoToil liquid and the NoToil cleaner soap, followed by a dishsoap and water final wash. I don't use the rim grease at all. Everything's working out very well.

No Toil is great. I love it. I can put the filter back in and only get a little tiny bit of rim grease on the box. Just takes practice. Also, check out the rim grease in the 16 oz. tub. It's easier to work with than the little tube, especially when your hands are all gooped up. :banghead:

I use NoToil liquid and the NoToil cleaner soap, followed by a dishsoap and water final wash. I don't use the rim grease at all. Everything's working out very well.

***NOTE: The No Toil cleaner is just Oxyclean!! Dont paid the extra cash for No Toil cleaner, just get a giant tub oif Oxyclean for way less. Your friendly tip of the day.

Thanks for all the No Toil feedback. R U guys using the liquid or the spray? Is there really a difference in the product or is it packaged differently?

If Dirt Rider rate the spray poorly because of how slow it comes out of the can, I have no problem with that. It is the protection I am worried about.

I use the spray. Didnt even know there was another kind. Will look into that. Just dunling it would be better than the spray can for sure.

Whichever oil you use get a Pro-Seal for your airbox. It's a neoprene ring that fits around the airbox filter lip. Works great and no need for any grease. :banghead:

Whichever oil you use get a Pro-Seal for your airbox. It's a neoprene ring that fits around the airbox filter lip. Works great and no need for any grease. :banghead:

I have that too.

I just got one for my 05 but was disappointed that it's 1/2 the thickness of the one on my 04. I e-mailed them to see what the deal is.

i use no-toil liquid. bought and just stuck with it,seemed to work to work great, but havnt really tried the others.(maybe i should...) lol