Sign in to follow this  

I Wanna New Bike!

Hey guys. The XT is just not cutting it for trails anymore. This bike was a great confidence builder for me, but now I want something faster and with better suspension. The tricky part is............it needs to be dual sport. And I can't seem to find anything dual sport that fits. Meaning not too darn tall or way too heavy. I would love to be able to dual sport the Wr250F or the CRF250X. But I have been told that is no longer possible in FL. :banghead:

If anyone knows different, pls let me know. Otherwise, are there any mods that can be made to make my XT225 a little faster and really upgrade the suspension?

I have a 97 XR600R walked into DMV with a bill of sale and called it a scooter.I got lucky and walked out with a tag and 3 years later no hassles.I rigged a brake light and put mirrors on it. If you show restraint on the road they leave you alone.I have been pulled over once and since the Vin matched the reg he gave me a warning for improper start and let me go.I live in the treasure coast and want to sell the 600 and get the 650R.

The DRZ400 is actually taller than the 650. NOt sure if lowering link is available. But the 400 has 3 inches and 57 pounds on my xt. I don't think it would be a whole lot of fun on the trail for me. I ride my husband's DRZ650 on the street. It is set at it's lowest seat height which is 33". It's doable. but I need to make sure of which foot to put down when stopping. I can barely tip toe touch with both feet. So 35 inches would be too tall. And I don't want to deal with that extra 57 lbs on the trails. The Honda CRF250X is tall, but I do know for sure that the link for lowering to comfy height is available and the weight is a mere 225lbs, less than my XT. Keep the ideas coming pls.

Scotty, sell her the XR400 and you get a real "man thing" (Big red 450R)!!! :applause: .

Chewgravel, most of the Dualsports DRZ and I think the WR allow you to lower the "monkey link" or "knucklebone" linkage if I'm not mistaken. I also think some companys make lowering kits for them.

I would suggest sitting on the bikes at the dealers see which one's you like (other than the fact you may not be touching the ground properly) then get on the internet and see who makes what for lowering the linkage.

Don't forget also you can "cut" the seat to drop some height as well but then you need a tough glutimus maxis to compensate.🤣

Don :banghead:

Scotty, sell her the XR400 and you get a real "man thing" (Big red 450R)!!! :banghead: .

:applause:🤣🤣🤣 :lo🤣🤣 l: 🤣:busted::busted:

Is that what those cute little Hondas are? :busted:

I have a Kawasaki KLX300 that I 'd like to dual sport in FL and can't either. Since I can't and the other Japanese bikes are not convertable either due to the MSO stating for Offroad Use Only, I'm looking at getting a KTM 450EXC. I hear they make a great dual sport, are able to get a tag in Florida, and they have really good performance like you'd expect from a WR450F or CRF450X. Any opinions anyone?

I'm going to keep the KLX for just trails however. Thats where it likes to be. Anyhow, it would be a borderline dual sport... meaning that I wouldn't want to cruise the roads much other than connecting trails or darting out for gas or etc..

Scotty, sell her the XR400 and you get a real "man thing" (Big red 450R)!!! :banghead: .

:

someday, can't help but think of the $$$ I've put into this bike. It'll either be a 450x or MC450. Need to see how santa boss is going to treat me this year for bonuses.

$3700 :applause:

Operators are standing by. Limit one per customer.

So how many can I buy from you? A good selling idea would be a phone number. :banghead:

OK if no one has a great idea how to make the little XT, better, stronger, faster.....and everything else is heavy or tall......

Can I buy leg extenders and mega muscles on ebay?

You need power to overcome the wieght. If 250lbs and a 32"+ seat height is too heavy and too tall, then there is not much choice. A 125 2 stroke is around 200 but the seat height is still high.

Ricky is about 5'3" and he rides a big 450.

Wait a sec. Is your gas gas only 250 with a 32 inch seat height? I thought the specs put it a lot heavier. Hmm.....the XT is 31.9 with a weight of 238 ( I am pretty sure) If I have it wrong re: your bike, let's talk more. PM.

I also have an RM125 for track. ANd even though it is a tip toe or lean to the side, it's doable. The weight feels so light after riding the XT.

No my bike is 272lbs without gas and 35" seat height. I was saying that if 250lbs and 32" seat height are your requirements then I don't know of a fourstroke bike over 250cc that fits that. The Husabergs are around 250lbs but still have a tall seat.