Sign in to follow this  

Custom Seat by MuddDawg.

So I went and did it. I went looking for a Car/boat interior shop to pay someone to do it, but could not find one. A friend told me to just try it, I could always get new seat foam. What do you think? :banghead::applause:

I think it turned out pretty good, considering I was a custom seat virgin.🤣

https://thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewmod&mid=12749

How does it feel when riding now :banghead: Man that looks awesome :applause: Did you add to existing foam ? It's hard to tell from the pics but looks like you did . Nice job, i want one too🤣

It is the stock foam. I marked it all up, so the Suzuki lettering stayed in the same place. I took 1-1.5 inches off of it. I used a electric slicer to cut the foam, and some sanders to make it smooth. I should be better now. I not flat footed, but close(with Romeo slip on shoes on.). I have my race sag cranked up pretty high and the lowest part of the seat is @ 37" now. The stock spring just doesn't like my Lard butt.

Oh hell i thought you added faom so it would stop hurting your butt :applause: I want to go the other way . I don't mind tip toeing I'd much rather have more cush for the tush. Makes me think of my buddys 83 IT 465. That thing has a seat like a leather sofa. Thats what I'm shootin for , get the rash off my ash :banghead:

I wanted to take it somewhere and make it look like a Corbin, but couldn't find a place that wouldn't want an arm and a leg. I will give this a try and see how is goes. I have been building my caluses up all year. I can go about 1 hour before it starts to get uncomfortable. I did buy some cycling shorts, but they are to slippery with MX pants on. I have not tried with jeans.

I"ll chime in just because I was going to pass this on and saw your thread. I also sliced my seat down a couple of years ago and decided to put a new cover on this week. I purchased a seat cover from SICASS RACING

This was by far the best install that I have done. Simply put, they actually give you enough material so you can grab it in your fingers and still work your staple gun without the cover slipping out of your hands. No, I don"t work for them,know anbody who does, this was the first thing I ever bought from them. :banghead: I will never wrestle with an N-Style seat cover again, at least on my DRZ.

Cool cool. I went the other way though for non vertically challenged persons like myself..... Tall foam for a flat surface thats easy to move your body up or down on and my new custom made guts racing seat. Its actually working out pretty well but I should have got the softer foam.

for those having problems with "Monkey Butt"... get a pair of bike shorts...you know, the spandex looking shorts that have the crotchpad built in...it completely eliminates monkey butt...feels pretty wierd at first, but you forget all about that when your butt don't hurt after the first hour of riding! :banghead: Andrew :applause:

for those having problems with "Monkey Butt"... get a pair of bike shorts...you know, the spandex looking shorts that have the crotchpad built in...it completely eliminates monkey butt...feels pretty wierd at first, but you forget all about that when your butt don't hurt after the first hour of riding! :banghead: Andrew :applause:
I agree I have msr munkeybutt shorts and they work awesome!

I have to agree. I"ve been wearing riding shorts for the last year and a half. Its a little differant feeling at first becouse it feels like you pants are sliding around. Sort of like wearing your old ladies silk panties. :banghead: More info than you needed ? :applause:

Above comment reminds me of my brother's favorite saying. "I can't wait to get home and rip my wife's panties off.......They're KILLING ME!"