Sign in to follow this  

Husky at Six Days

Too bad Husky is having a forgettable 6 days, unlike couple of years ago whne it looked like they were giving KTM a run for the money. With Eriksson and Saarankoski out, and Ahola having an off year (and riding a 125 for the first time since about '98, the dds were against them going in. FYI, rumor has it that Ahola maybe on a Husaberg next year.

Husky aren't doing too bad in E1, a couple of local riders are placing high regularly and Ahola's best test result has been third, regularly placing top ten - not bad on a 125. I agree though, it's not a memorable ISDE for them.

DAY 6, a little better for Husky

AHOLA - 2nd 07.25 behind David Knight (who has been pretty much untouchable all year)

GOTTVALD 7th - 24.79 behind

Word is Husky are changing ALL their riders in the WEC next year.

I saw a rumor that Stephen Merriman may go back to Husky to ride 2 strokes.

Norman

Norman,

Rumor has it, that the package might even have him doing some of the GNCC's.

And he might be faster than Juha?

Look out Orange!

HuskyRips :banghead:

I saw a rumor that Stephen Merriman may go back to Husky to ride 2 strokes.

Hope he does.. ! and I hope the young Aussie, AJ Roberts on the Husky, gets better with more experience. He did well here is Aus but is only a young 'un...

Thinking about going over to NZ for ISDE '06 (spectating only)

Bit sad the 20 year Aussie ISDE legend Geoff Ballard, got booted out before he started :banghead:

http://www.fullnoise.com.au/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_full&news_id=1595&cfid=7313343&cftoken=84802595&dts=189200511118

Ahola definitely pulled a big upset on day five, almost like he saw my post and got fired up. He overalled day 5 (I think), and passed most everyone in E1 class. I'm not sure about the official results, the Slovakia website is not working totally correct, it does add up the results of each of the tests, or day to day. Anyway, way to go Ahola, maybe he will get the title "hero of the day" again.

Saw him ride the grass track special test in the resent,last month,4 day OZ championship,no sideways action,did not look that fast,straight hookup and drive.

Won it outright easy.I wish I had seen him in the bush tests,would have been impressive,most of his early carear was in trials.He is a kiwi but we claim him.Hope the rumor is true.

Hope he does.. ! and I hope the young Aussie, AJ Roberts on the Husky, gets better with more experience. He did well here is Aus but is only a young 'un...

Thinking about going over to NZ for ISDE '06 (spectating only)

Bit sad the 20 year Aussie ISDE legend Geoff Ballard, got booted out before he started :banghead:

http://www.fullnoise.com.au/news/index.cfm?fuseaction=display_full&news_id=1595&cfid=7313343&cftoken=84802595&dts=189200511118

The US has Jeff Fredette(25 years) and Fred Hoess (22 years, but hasnt ridden every year). AMA always has a club team for Jeff to ride on and Fred still gets on Trophy team most years or rides on a club team. Everyone remembers Geoff here in the US from when he rode here. I would think Australian Federation would have added a club team?

Norman

I thought Merriman had signed a 3 year deal with Yamaha last year. It would be great to see him return.Husky WEC seems to have turned on it's head since bikes have become available again.Back in 02 when you had to beg & wait a long time to get your hands on a Husky they won everything on the world stage!

Ahola won the E1 class on the 06 WR125 on day 5 the best result for Husky in the ISDE.Showing again what a great bike the 125 is.

I blame Mike Carter of the UK Husky importer for not signing up David Knight in 04 he had a golden chance Knighter ended up ridding for D3 KTM basically a dealer team.Carter known for being extreamlly tight with his bucks is now faced again with poor Husky sales here in the UK.Husky could have ended up with the E3 world champ & the big resulting sales.I blame Carters lack of initiative & investment he is now paying the price.

I thought I read somewhere that Yamaha contract with Stephen Merriman was around $400-500,000.... Would Husky put up that kind of money to get him????

I hope they do sign him up, it would be a great shot in the arm...