Sign in to follow this  

03' DRZ 250 need some help!

I don't have a manual and need some info on changing the oil on my wife's '03 250 DRZ. Where are the drains and do I need to watch for anything comming out of the plugs (spring and piston??). How does the filter come out and go back in, any secrets? Torque on the drain plugs? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

The oil drain is on the bottom left side (just below and in front of the front sprocket. It is a 14 mm (I think) hex head bolt. Mine is an '01, but I don't think there is any diffenence. There will be an access hole in the glide plate underneath.

Here are the specs per my manual:

1...Oil drain plug.........21 Nm (15 ft. lb)

2...Oil filter cover......10 Nm (7 ft. lb)

Oil filter is on right bottom side behind round cap with 3 bolts. It just slides out and has spring between filter and cap.

Hope this helps.

If I drain the oil with the bike on the kick stand, more oil comes out, and sure as hell gets all over the skid plate.

I drain hers with the skid plate on and let it make a mess. When I'm finished I flush the plate and bottom of the engine with a high pressure stream from the garden hose.

(I fineally got the manual for it too!) Thanks to all those that sent me information before getting the manual.