Sign in to follow this  

TM33 & 36 jetting revisited (long but useful)

Hey guys, its been a while since I asked for jetting guideance on the Mikunis (thanks) I was way busier this summer than expected and I was only able to go out riding a couple times. The first was in the hi-desert 4500'-5500' I had the tm33-142.5 main, needle clip in #3, the bike (98' klx300, free mods, header) ran ok but it didn't feel too clean and sharp, I thought it was just too rich but I wasn't sure how much. Next ride was in big bear 7000'-8000' I decided to go with a 127.5 main, needle clip in #2, this setup was clearly too lean. After I got home (sea level) I put on the tm36- 132.5 main, needle clip in #3, p8 needle jet the bike ran very poorly especially mid range, it would start to clear up at WOT, but then it was time to shift.

Iscrewde up and posted this message before it was finished. The TT moderator can feel free to delete this one, the finished post is just above this thread

thanks

Robert

I'd suggest sending the carbs to Jerry at FSW and telling him your altitude and mods. You'll get them back and they will work perfectly.