Sign in to follow this  

What kind of oil?

I just got a new 06 KXF and dont know what kind of oil to run after the break in? Im pretty sure its the same as the 05's. It doesnt say in the manual. Fully Synthetic, Semi-Synthetic, or Non-Synthetic?

We run Motorex 15/40 race formula. Even when we get a new bike, before it is even started at home, we drain and fill with this. Also run Two2Cool in oil or we dont run our bikes. Knock on wood, I have not had a catastrophic failure on any of our (6) bikes. Even after a long weekend of racing and riding and 1-2 pratice days, the oil comes out looking brand new! :banghead:

I just got a new 06 KXF and dont know what kind of oil to run after the break in? Im pretty sure its the same as the 05's. It doesnt say in the manual. Fully Synthetic, Semi-Synthetic, or Non-Synthetic?

This oil question seems to be asked just about every week, in just about every forum. No biggie. I learn a little more each time. Some of the basics here. There are a ton of reasons why people run the oil they do. In my opinion here is what you should look for (in order).

1. Full synthetic preferred

2. JASO MA or API SG/SH

3. If no MA or SG/SH, be certain the oil is NOT Energy Conserving. This is probably the most important point.

Hope that helps. Good luck,

This oil question seems to be asked just about every week, in just about every forum. No biggie. I learn a little more each time. Some of the basics here. There are a ton of reasons why people run the oil they do. In my opinion here is what you should look for (in order).

1. Full synthetic preferred

2. JASO MA or API SG/SH

3. If no MA or SG/SH, be certain the oil is NOT Energy Conserving. This is probably the most important point.

Hope that helps. Good luck,

Bro, glad to see ya back. Did ya get all them friggin fighter planes fixed???