Sign in to follow this  

05 230 what's it worth

I have an 05 230 that I put in the classifieds for $2500. I thought this was a very good price (bike is only five months old) I paid $3250 and had to drive 9 hours to get that price but there seems to be little interest. What do you guys think it's worth? It's stock and has 6 riding sessions on it, the tires still have those little nipples on the sides.

how long has it been in the classifieds? what places do you have it listed? Selling a bike does take time.

Yep, your probably dead on, I just need to be patient. I intend to pick up a 250 this week so I wanted to price it right cause I don't want to just let it sit. Thanks

Yeah, we're hoping to get rid of my TTR tommorow, my dads just going to throw it in the back of the truck and park at the local HS tommarow (supposed to be a killer/fun race, last year was hell according to anyone I talked to though, we want to see it before we try it, the whole place is a pete bog, as soon as its got the grass ripped off after a rain its nasty)

i have has my 150 for 4 months and i need a more power full bike. 150 and 230 are not for motocross and most people ride motocross and think that the bike will be ok on a mx track but you have to mod it so much just to get a little more power. but it is not worth it so im going to a 125

I'm in the same boat. I bought mine to just ride trails, I had absolutely no intention of getting on an MX track (dirt bike newbe at 42:)). Anyway, I wound up on the track and loved it. As you said the 230 is no MX bike and with the new 250's becoming available next week, I'm making the jump to an R. The extra power will be nice but I am really looking forward to the suspension. I won't jump the 230 except small tables because I know that'll just tear it up. btw - I don't have a single complaint about the 230, it's a great trail and starter bike. I just push the button and go, tons of torque way down low. Considering the entry level price I think it's a bunch of bike for the money.

I may be in the market for a bike. Been looking at a Yamaha TTR125LE, but the CR230 is interesting as well. I'm located in Richmond, VA so if you're not too far off and have a bike for sale, let's talk.

hey im in faquier county and ive got a 230 that i may be selling (looking for a new bike currently) check out my garage for info on it. PM me with any questions.

I have an 05 230 that I put in the classifieds for $2500. I thought this was a very good price (bike is only five months old) I paid $3250 and had to drive 9 hours to get that price but there seems to be little interest. What do you guys think it's worth? It's stock and has 6 riding sessions on it, the tires still have those little nipples on the sides.

If anything, 2500 is low. You should be able to sell easily. My guess is that it's what point you're at in the season. People are thinking about getting in their last rides and wrapping it up, not buying. Still, someone is always looking. You may do better during the holidays.

3050 is a pretty good deal.

I know.. It was on sale!!!

It was 3029$ to be exact.. but then tax and licensing brought the price up to 3350$.

Still, it is worth all of the fun!! :banghead: