Sign in to follow this  

Best riding on the North end of Reno

Guys I'm new around here since April. I ride Moonrocks twice a week. What is the best riding within 20-25 minutes from north Sparks?? :banghead:

Guys I'm new around here since April. I ride Moonrocks twice a week. What is the best riding within 20-25 minutes from north Sparks?? :banghead:

I think it has to be Moonrocks. Its kinda sandy though. Peavine seems to be mostly 4wd roads and has a lot of rocks. I have not been on the west side of Peavine (Dog Valley?) yet.

Not that it's all that great, but I live in Spanish Springs and ride hungry valley all the time. Easy, since I don't have to load up. Just ride from the house. Hungry Valley does offer quite a bit of variety in the terrain though. I ride as often as I can find a partner. Lemme know if you want to go. Jason

is there trails all the way and how long does it take to get to the parking area at moonrocks going average speeds?

Sorry for the delayed response...Just noticed my post had been deleted from the server problem. Yes, trails all the way to moonrocks and far beyond. Single track, jeep roads, and the pipline hwy goes almost straight there. 'Average speeds' means different things to different people, but I can make it there in about 45 minutes with no stopping. Jason

If you need another rider, i'm available Tues/Weds. I like longer distance riding or technical on my 525 or trials bikes

Rodger- I'm always looking for more riding buddies. This week is shot, but next week looks o.k. for a tues or weds ride. Jason