Sign in to follow this  

Best Pipe for '05 CRF 450R

Well, I'll just tell you about what I have. I bought a Big Gun Evo X and rode with it for the first time at the track today. Loved it, gave me more power throughout. Then it comes with a quite insert ans sparky screen that takes away the low end hit but instead smooths it out. Makes it nice when riding on the trails. Not to mention quites it down to around 96db.

Well, I'll just tell you about what I have. I bought a Big Gun Evo X and rode with it for the first time at the track today. Loved it, gave me more power throughout. Then it comes with a quite insert ans sparky screen that takes away the low end hit but instead smooths it out. Makes it nice when riding on the trails. Not to mention quites it down to around 96db.

I should have clarified, all we ride is moto-x. Thanks for your input, that's the kind of info I was after. :banghead:

The best pipe for an '05 is a Hotcams Stage 1 camshaft. There is NO pipe that can give you the power that a simple camshaft change can. Save yourself the money because the stock exhaust is very good.

The guy lined up next to me today had an aftermarket exhaust and all I had was a completely stock CRF, except for the Stage 1 camshaft and he absolutely could not hang with me off the line. The bike pulls much harder off the line.

Keep the stock pipe and save your money. The cheapest and most reliable go fast goody is to twist the throttle wide open. The winner in my moto today was on a near stock 05 CRF 250R. Thank you very much. The stock 450R of any brand makes more than enough HP. Twist that throttle wide open.

Get the DR.D.

More power.

Third gear holeshots (190 lbs w/o gear).

What is second gear?

Really, this pipe is great--does even more and better than the advertisements say.

PM if you have specific questions.

Keep the stock pipe and save your money. The cheapest and most reliable go fast goody is to twist the throttle wide open. The winner in my moto today was on a near stock 05 CRF 250R. Thank you very much. The stock 450R of any brand makes more than enough HP. Twist that throttle wide open.

We race a track that has a 99 dB limit so a lot of guys are on stock pipes.

But when you are ALREADY holding the throttle wide open on the 4th gear start and a guy passes you, you sure do wish for a cam, different fuel, or head work.

When I line up with 25 guys each of which are a threat to win the moto, I'd much rather fight them off rather than have to fight through them.

With that said, I do think that the stocker works pretty well everywhere. But some tracks will benefit from a "low end" pipe, and some tracks will benefit from a "mid and up" pipe. Just a matter of preference and riding style too.

If it were me, I would buy a cam first, then the pipe like someone else said. The cams are a better "bang-for-your-buck" bolt on mod.

I concur. The stock pipe is best. A Hot-Cam is way more bang for the buck if you feel the need to modify.

If you want to spend $700+, invest in the Athena 488 kit. Much more effective than a pipe!