Sign in to follow this  

Do I Need to Replace My Rad?

I say remove it and send it to Myler's in Utah. From what I hear the service is impecable. Excellent turn around times and good quality work at a decent price. Just search this forum for myler's and send them the photo and ask a price and time.

I say remove it and send it to Myler's in Utah. From what I hear the service is impecable. Excellent turn around times and good quality work at a decent price. Just search this forum for myler's and send them the photo and ask a price and time.

Yep - http://www.motorcycleradiators.com :banghead:

Is it an S or an E? If it's an S I'd say run till it leaks. If the bike gets hot alot, as in the fan running, then fix it. If it's an E go with comfort vs cost. If you are comfortable the bike isn't overheating don't spend the money.

Now about Unibiker rad guards...... :applause:

I don't have any yet either, and have found epoxy resin will fix a small leak. :banghead:

What kind of turnaround time can I expect if I send it in to Mylers?

24 to 48 hours once it gets there.. You can ship it any way you want to pay :applause: I've sent 2 now.. both were received, fixed and sent back all on the same day :banghead:

Just run it, it looks just like my rad. If it does not leak, or over heat, you are ok. My rad has been like that for two years, no problems.

Just run it, it looks just like my rad. If it does not leak, or over heat, you are ok. My rad has been like that for two years, no problems.

Why would you intentally run an obviously damaged part? One that could fail on any ride? one that can be repaired cheaply, and if not replaced?...... :banghead:

For $50 bucks I would fix it over the winter or maybe summer depends on location :applause:

Bronco you sound nervous there.... I have a bud who if it isn't under warranty, or theft insured, shouldn't ride it. In fact he shouldn't touch it :banghead:

Not nervous, just not fool hardly enough to go out on trails miles from the staging area with a part that is damaged and so is more apt to fail. Someone I would much prefer to ride with then someone who is willing to risk their ride/day if not injury due to negligence.

Not nervous, just not fool hardly enough to go out on trails miles from the staging area with a part that is damaged and so is more apt to fail. Someone I would much prefer to ride with then someone who is willing to risk their ride/day if not injury due to negligence.

10Guy I have read your posts for quite a while and respect yours and the moderators technical authority.

Sorry I was trying to make light of Bronco's recent misadventure. He is cautious and what he does seems well thought out from what I've read. But has had some bad luck :applause:

I would never risk injury, or severe damage to my bike, due to bad parts ever. If I was going to be alone or miles from nowhere it had better be perfect. If I'm in the "gravel pit" behind the house who cares?

I bought a DRZ because it is somewhat damage tolerant!

Honestly, people here seem to have bottomless pockets I don't. If had to, I would ride it that way till I had a chance or the money to fix it. None of my mates would get worked up about it either. The occasional "recovery" makes life interesting.

To the topic at hand. It is an E so I would be nervous about it simply because it doesn't have a fan. But if the rad doesn't leak and is structurally satisfactory he lost 12.5% percent (conservatively) of his cooling area. Does it matter? If you ride tight single track yes. Tooling around on trails probably not.

Everybody seems a little up tight around here lately :banghead:

We are here about FUN! Peace

For $50 bucks I would fix it over the winter or maybe summer depends on location

This is PROBABLY what I'll do, unless I sense it's running hot. I am not hammering the bike hard and I'm taking it easy anyway, getting used to the bike. When the weather takes a dump, I'll pull it and send it to Mylers.

I'll go ahead and get the rad guards in the meantime.

For $50 bucks I would fix it over the winter or maybe summer depends on location🤣

Bronco you sound nervous there.... I have a bud who if it isn't under warranty, or theft insured, shouldn't ride it. In fact he shouldn't touch it🤣

No not nervous just smart enough to fix broken things.. and I have the money to support my chosen source of entertainment.

For these that have neither,, this really is not a good activity to take up.

I suggest something cheap and safe,,,say Pokemon cards :banghead: Good luck with that :applause: