Sign in to follow this  

Tool bags, any suggestions!

I've looked at some of the Moose tool bags. They seem nice. What brands do you fellow TTr's using them like? I just need something big enough to hold a screw driver, wrench, a couple plugs, and maybe some car keys. Probably for the rear fender.

If you want to do it right, check out this bag.

www.blueridgeracing.com

That set-up looks sweet though I only need a bag as I have a lot of tools. The bag is a little expensive and maybe a little bigger then what I may need. Thanks for the link.

I just got 2 moose fender bags from Dennis kirk 20 bucks a piece.

Took em out this weekend. fitted my 18" spare tube Axel wrench, the other held a little more. 21" tube 6 co2 cans and the air pump. held on tight never slipped off and low profile, my leg didn't kick it when i was getting on, and didn't affect the light at night.

I've been using the Moose rear fender bags for years. I've tried a few others but they do not compare to the Moose in mounting, ease of use, durability or looks.

Dirt bike gear.com

Dan makes a superior product, and he's a heck of a nice guy

I tried his rear fender bag on my '03XR250 and it's now a bag that sits on my shelf holding my muzzle loader tools. It's too long to fit between the seat and tail light and turned sideways it hangs off of the sides of the fender. It also does not have a cover over the zipper and doesn't appear to be as weatherproof as the Moose.

IMHO. :banghead::applause:

I stick them in my Camel back.

Do a search in this forum for "Tool bag +lost"

You can read about all the people who lost tools out of a toolbag.

Put the tools in a tool rollup pouch. Then put it in the fender bag.

Otherwise, screwdrivers and other tools poke holes in the fender bags.

I stick them in my Camel back.

Do a search in this forum for "Tool bag +lost"

You can read about all the people who lost tools out of a toolbag.

Put the tools in a tool rollup pouch. Then put it in the fender bag.

Otherwise, screwdrivers and other tools poke holes in the fender bags.

Kev_XR: FWIW I've never lost a tool out of a Moose rear fender bag due to a hole. I've had them on bikes for many years and have never had to replace one due to a hole. Maybe I'm an exception?

Check with your Yamaha dealer. Yamaha makes a fender bag for $16. They are black and I think they are made for four wheelers but they work great for bikes. I put one on my WR450 and it works great. The dealer suggested it and he was right.

I tried his rear fender bag on my '03XR250 and it's now a bag that sits on my shelf holding my muzzle loader tools. It's too long to fit between the seat and tail light and turned sideways it hangs off of the sides of the fender. It also does not have a cover over the zipper and doesn't appear to be as weatherproof as the Moose.

IMHO. :applause:🤣

I have this bag from him and it most certainly has a cover over the zipper.

http://www.dirt-bike-gear.com/ballistic_bags.html

There is an inner bag that goes inside it that does not have a cover on the zipper:

(scroll down that link)

They are 10" long so if they are too long for your mounting area that could be a problem.

However, that is the ONLY problem you will ever have with his products. His latest and greatest product is the tool wrap, it has tons of pockets and to tie it all up it has a buckle instead of strings, WAY better than having to tie a bow.

:banghead:

I have this bag from him and it most certainly has a cover over the zipper.
The cover over the zipper is just a flap that doesn't keep out mud and water. The Moose bag has a complete flap that drops down and velcro's in place and does keep mud and water away from the zipper.

The 10" length is the problem with the rear fender bag.

hey crabtree jmho I would stash your keys by your vehicle.too hard to find,

to easy to lose on trails..

hey crabtree jmho I would stash your keys by your vehicle.too hard to find,

to easy to lose on trails..

Typically do. I guess I should still probably do that even with the new bag. Good point.