Sign in to follow this  

Clutch Question

Hey Guys,

I bought replacement (fiber) clutch plates and the stiffer clutch springs for my 150. I had to fabricate a tool for the spanner nuts on the clutch basket and on the centrifugal oil filter. I used a 21mm 1/2" drive Hardened Impact Socket.

Anyways, the problem is that I have a slight knocking sound from the basket area. :banghead: I torqued everything to specs. The new clutch pads are made by EBC and upon initial inspection of the kit, I noticed that it was missing a pad. The CRF150 has a total of six fiber pads. Thinking they should have supplied a total of six pads, I went ahead and rebuilt my basket with the 5 new ones and one of the old pads in the middle. I think my problem lies in that the total thickness of the basket+clutch pads/plates is too great, and I should have left the old pad out and just ran the 5 new ones :applause:🤣 You guys let me know of a viable solution.

Thanks,

J2

Wish I could help you....I got an 2003 CRF230 and I'm still riding on the stock clutch, I'm pretty hard on it too....I would also like to know the solution to your problem...