Sign in to follow this  

Decisions, decisions???

As of right now I do not own a bike, but plan on buying 1 next spring and I am doing all the homework I can right now. I have read alot about the 300 and it sounds like the type of bike I want, I don't have any real off road motorcycle experience. It might be under powered a little(6'0 265lbs) but I feel for a first bike I don't need a ton of power. I went to a local Kawasaki dealer and they didn't have one on the floor, they did have a kdx220, he said these 2 bikes were very comparable besides the 2-stroke vs 4 stroke thing. My question is, is this true or are they just trying to get rid of a bike. Any info is greatly appreciated. If anyone has ridden both I would love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks, Chris

Chris, they are very similar. They share similar frame geometry and ergonomics. The 220 will have quite a bit more power and "snap" than the 300, but IMO will be less tractable than the 4 stroke. Of course you'll have to use premix with the 220 and you can't just grab gas anywhere and fill it up. There's no doubt that both are good bikes with wide followings. Both are very reliable.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info, now I just have to decide 2 or 4 stroke. From what I have read they are both good dependable bikes.