Rim grease

Do you use it?

This is the kind you put on your air filter, not the other kind.

Yes, grease is your friend.

Never have used the sealer grease, been considering starting with it though.

what exactly is it? sounds like something for me :banghead::applause:

lately ive been goin crazey with grease........doin the chain before and afer each ride......axles very often.......zerts (er however u spell it) every 700 miles ish.... am i missing anything?

any multipurpose grease will do around the sealing face of the air filter. Makes for a good seal to keep out the dirt. Here's what I use

I use PC Racing's Pro Seal on some of my bikes. It's a neopreme seal that takes the place of grease and it works well. My airboxes have stayed clean enough through dust, silt, talc, sand, etc. On our bikes that don't have the Pro Seal, I use rim grease just as I've been doing for the last 30+ years.

Always used 'rim' grease on all of my bikes, and always will. No real point in oiling up an air filter if the dust can just get in from the sides. For grease, I find that any old waterproof bearing grease works well, as it's nice, thick, and sticky as hell.

When I got my XR650r, I was less than thrilled with the air filter mounting. I went with the Uni filter, but the damn thing didn't fit that well and bulged out. I was concerned heavily about dirt making it around the filter, and there was no real surface that the filter sat against like on most bikes. So, I bought a tube of automotive waterproof grease, and put it into a grease gun with a tip. Then I ran a thick bead all the way around the edge of the airbox, where it is recessed. I usually wipe the grease away and lay another bead every 3-4 airfilter changes. Seems to work well for keeping the dirt out so far (along with a good bead around the filter itself). :banghead:

Dumb questions like this are the reason guys like Irondude and other intelligent guys don't read and respond to real questions in this forum.

Sad! :applause:

F U Honda ..............I'm riding a KTM this weekend. :banghead:

Dumb questions like this are the reason guys like Irondude and other intelligent guys don't read and respond to real questions in this forum.

At least we have one ignoramus, thanks Jack.

makes me glad that I didnt Read and Respond to this post ... I wouldnt wanna be in that 'un-intelligent' category ...

:lol:

Gotta help everyone out. Well, everyone but that WR450F kid, anyway.

Btw Jack, given the option, I'd rather get the 10 seconds of my life back I spent reading your useless reply then the 5 minutes reading and responding to the original poster. :banghead: