Sign in to follow this  

1st dez trip of the season!!!

Rode from Ocotillo to Ocotillo wells, pretty much just cross-terrained it except for some great virgen wash sections, lots of mud chips, and cement-hard square edge steps that were real treacherous if hit at a slight angle.

Stoped for gas at the Blu-Inn befor hitting up the slot and the mud hills on the south side. Rode some real fun ridge trails and tight washes on the way to the Iron Door for a refreshment🤣

After that we headed out to shell reef climbed some hills, and then went by the Blu-Inn for more gas, my buddy on a 125 smoker didnt have alot of range...

and then bee-lined it to the trestle out there just north of the Mountain. This was the most fun section of cross-terrain I've ever riden. It felt like a MX track, banking of sandy hills and hitting natural doubles while WFO in fourth dodging pucker bushes!

One of our group had gotten a front flat on that section so he followed the RR tracks around and the other 2 of us rode a great wide virgen sand wash for about 10 miles and then went cross-terrain again through some really rough rocky stuff, marshmellow hills, vertical drops into washes, and good climbs. Then we were at the truck having a cold beer :banghead:

all in all a great dez ride, about 80-90 miles and only about 10 miles on established roads/trails, the rest was all washes and open dez!

The season is here and i am stoked :applause:🤣🤣

Hallloween we are planning a big get together ride at O' wells, there is a GP race in holtville saturday and the Los Pretots poker run Sat night So it will be an action packed Team Bad Habits weekend so bring lots of water and Asprin! 🤣🤣

see ya in the DEZ

What were the temps like out there Mike? I am planning on making it out sometime this week, I have some time off so might as well enjoy it.

Mike sounds like a great ride. Is there a web site for the GP race and the poker run?

Hey Mikey I will be at O wells on Halloween with a bunch of D37 racers we will be camped in my usual spot Morton rd and devils slide rd stop by so we can drink heavily :banghead: just look for the Jackrabbit MC flags